Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Lone Ranger

Cast: Johnny Depp, Armie Hammer, Tom Wilkinson, William Fichtner, etc
Director: Gore Verbinski
Synopsis: Tonto, an American Indian and John Reid, a Texas Ranger, set out to hunt down Butch Cavendish, for different reasons. The movie follows their journey from the beginning till they successfully won the battle.
The Thumb-Up(s): Towards the climax of the movie in the middle till the end, it was very entertaining. Quirky and fun actions, funny yet suitable background music makes up for the dull beginning of the movie. Love the little twist towards to end of the story too. Johnny Depp was his usual, although not his best. I also kinda like Armie Hammer! He is cute! :p
The Thumb-Down(s): As stated above, about 1 hour 15 minutes of the movie was really really boring. And I mean, seriously, I was already playing with my phone in the cinema! For a Disney movie, I don't think kids will appreciate the boring start to the movie! And although I'm a die-heart fan of Johnny Depp, I think it is really time for him to tackle some other genre and roles...
Verdict: A little disappointed actually, especially when this was one of the movies in my most anticipated list. However, it's not the worst movie! Johnny Depp's fans still shouldn't miss this! :)
3 out of 5

No comments: