Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yeah! Kristy Lee Cook is OUT!!!

Gone Baby Gone
It's Ben Affleck's directing debut, but the reason for me to go for the movie has nothing to do with this guy, ok? As much as I love his best pal Matt Damon, I never liked Ben, never!
I just thought this is the kinda movie I would like, and turned out yes I quite like it! The entire arrangement of the story was a bit draggy, but I love the twists and turns of the story, which was really brilliant! And you have Morgan Freeman who was as calm as he is, as good as he always is... You know what, although I hate Ben Affleck, I'm quite a fan of his little bro, Casey. I however think he doesn't suits the role so well. I don't know what's wrong, maybe it was the way he talks, but I'm not sure...
Escape From Huang Shi (Children of Huang Shi)
There are two simple reasons Escape From Huang Shi is a must watch movie for me... 1)Chow Yun Fatt, Michelle Yeoh and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. 2)It's a story based during the Nanking killing period, although I hate war movies, I'm always interested with the story of the Nanking killings.
BUT... I have to say it was a total disappointment. The beginning of the story was not too bad, it got me really excited. But then it became a bit corny as it progresses. It's like all very expected lor... Except for the fact that the main guy died in the end (Oopss... Am I not supposed to reveal that?). You see four people on the posters, but it is actually a movie about the main guy--George(Jonathan Rhys Meyers). It's all about him and how fabulous he is. I should be happy right? Since Bend it Like Beckham, he's been unforgettable to me. I think he is one of the cutiest actors. But he didn't impress me much in the movie. As the main guy, his acting wasn't really good. And probably because he is too much a cute actor, playing such role doesn't really, you know suits him. Maybe he just has to work a bit harder. Of course, it was so disappointing to see so little of the super handsome Chow Yun Fatt and our very own Michelle Yeoh. I think the production company simply just put their faces to attract audiences. I'm serious, we've all been conned! The other actress was actually the main girl in the movie, but she is very forgettable. No acting, not pretty, I don't even want to know what's her name! And I'm sorry, I've caught some audio failure and bad editing in the movie... What the???
Nah, not a good one... I really hope Chow Yun Fatt should pick his movies more carefully. Most of his Hollywood movies suck.
Meanwhile, here's last night's American Idol's performances... Of only the guys! Because like Simon said, the guys took the night!
First up, everyone and my favourite, David Archuleta with one of my favourite songs, When You Believe... It was sooooo damn GOOD!!!

And David Cook!

Then, we have Jason Castro, I didn't think it was very good lar, honestly...

AND.... YES! YES! YES!!! Congratulations and a job well done to all Americans for voting out Kristy Lee Cook!!!
I'm so happy! So happy!
Kristy Lee Cook is OUT!!!
Kristy Lee Cook is OUT!!!
Kristy Lee Cook is OUT!!!
Now, let's make sure the final two or three are all guys!!!

1 comment:

kevin 1809 said...

I love tis post, something I can learn from here.