Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm so spoiled

Yeas~~~!!! *punch into the air*
All my work are finally done now~! I'm now unofficially free for the next one week~!!! Yeah~!!!
And now that I've just dumped my clothes into the washing machine, put on my much-needed eye mask, I finally have some time to blog~! :)
So, over the past week, despite having so much of work, I got some of my time out for some really great fun, and by doing that, I was so spoiled... Diet plan wise. :p

Wednesday Oct 21st
Uncle Yip gave me a wonderful musical treat with I Have a Date with Spring as a late birthday present. Before the show, we went for dinner at Grandpa Bak Kut Teh in Taman Paramount. Uncle Yip loves that place, I've been there with him before. There is a branch here at Sunway, but the one at Taman Paramount was the first shop to open. I honestly think their Bak Kut Teh is really not bad. Grandpa Bak Kut Teh, yummy~!
Veges and golden mushrooms are a must for me!
Oooohhhh... I love steam fish!!!
We wanted a steam pomfret but they didn't have it that day. I totally forgot what kinda fish we had in the end, but I love the mashed ginger that they put over the fish, despite the fact that I'm not a fan of ginger. Guess what? I had 1 and a half bowl of rice, oily rice, while Uncle Yip only had half a bowl of plain rice... Shirlexia is such a scary girl~! :S
I'm going to skip the review of the musical for now, until the end of the post.

Thursday Oct 22nd
Just for your info, I accidently met CL last Sunday. It was like such a HUGE reunion after 9 long years! Yea, I mean, bloody hell, he had graduated from secondary school for freaking 9 years now, and me? 8 YEARS!!!!
Okay, anywayz, since then he's been spoiling me with tonnes and tonnes of food! On Thursday we were supposed to go for the Claypot Lou Su Fun at Petaling Street (which I haven't even tried until today), but then... It was closed!!! We were both sooooooooooooooooooooooooo (I wish I can type more 'o's to express that disappointment) disappointed. But then well, CL said we can come back other days.
Then we went to the famous Fried Hokkien Mee stall which I recommended, although I was also there for the first time. It's Lien Bee 联美Hokkien Mee, it's situated same row as Kotaraya in the middle of some shops. Oh, and I just figured out they use charcoal to fried the noodles~!
CL and me love Wat Dan Ho, or you can call it the Egg Sauce Noodles. So we ordered portion for two, and one portion of Hokkien Mee, plus a must for me, veges.Very satisfying Hokkien Mee...
Super satisfying Wat Dan Ho~! CL, watch out for that cholesterol! :p
Okay, I agree this is a nice pic, if my eyes weren't so puffy~! :S
I think it was pretty good actually. CL definitely loves the Wat Dan Ho, although he said he prefer the Ho Fun to be even bigger ones... I don't know, Mr. Wong has his own kinda needs for food. :p I also like the way they boil the veges, it's like just ngam ngam, very crispy still! Together with three cups of Lime Juice, it costs us around RM30. Not too bad lar.
So there we had a lovely dinner at Petaling Street. As for that Claypot Lou Su Fun (and the shop selling Korean dramas), watch out, we are coming back!

Today Oct 24th
XT is in town, for the oddest reason you can ever think of! Haha... Not telling you why, because... Even her father doesn't know she came back!
So anywayz, XT, Poh Hoon (let's make it PH here) and me went to a lunch K at Redbox. It was only a short 2 hours K (Ah yea, Redbox being stingy lar, lunch also doesn't provide buffet anymore, WTF), but it was REALLY REALLY FUN since all three of us basically know most of the songs that we chose! So it was like, all three of us singing and even dancing along~! Ah... I just love that kinda feeling man~!
XT is gonna be Singapore, but PH, make sure we go sing K again yea! :) Letting the timer does the job as we take some crazy pics...
PH was like, aiya wanna hold then hold pieces of 50 bucks lar, why the 10 bucks?
Trying to do that yo~yo~yo~ thingy...
And then, XT went to have her hair-cut and dyed her hair, and then we went off to Zen to have tea and cake. And we were like, hey, we are Zen virgin! See... XT's new hairstyle defnitely makes her look younger, don't you think so?
Yea, we've been to Secret Recipe for like zillion times, but Zen, today was the first time ever. We both love the Dark Chocolate Cherries but not the Green Tea Cheese. Although I'm a fan of green tea, but green tea with cheese just... doesn't work, it seems...The Not-so-nice Green Tea Cheese...
Dark Chocolate Cherries is gooooooooood~!
Of course, I think what we love the most was the chit chat with had over the tea. It's just so rare to find somebody who you can share every single secret you have with, and to get the other person to agree or understand you~! XT and me, although kinda disconnected for years, still clicked now that we talk about our lives! When we parted just now, we had such a huge hug, we knew we are going to miss each other so so much~! XT~! Get on-line more lar~!
But anywayz, XT, you and me know, let's wish we both have 'happy ending' for that 'thing' we talked about just now! *wink*

The reviews...
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Went for the 3D with CL the other night, after getting 'awesome' review from Ducum who watched it last Friday.
I guess Ducum just made it sounds so great that I felt a bit disappointed with the movie? Okay, I love the food part of the movie, like the huge pan cake with honey and butter (Ooooo... to me that was the most yummiest scene in the entire movie), and the speghetti tornado was so freaking cool! The animation really amazed me a lot lor. But I think the beginning part of the movie was a bit too slow=boring. And the whole movie isn't funny enough. It's so like, slow in the beginning and then suddenly got fast in the end.
So weird.
And Ducum said Flint is cute-looking? Duh? Do you think so? I don't think so...
Maybe I'm just being picky, cos CL likes it.

I Have a Date with Spring (The Musical) 我和春天有个约会 (音乐剧)
我一直都蛮喜欢这个香港的电影/电视剧的,但是对于这个本地人为班底的音乐剧其实并没有抱很大的希望,只是看在有人请嘛,就去看看啦,更何况我从来都没看过这种真正的舞台剧呢!
其实看这个音乐剧很爽的地方就是,我好多首歌,包括里头的两首经典你你你为了爱情我和春天有个约会以及一些很棒的老歌我都会跟着唱,而且很多台词都跟电视剧/电影里的一样,I was like在他们还没说之前就知道下一句他们会说什么了。
基本上对于一个本地的制作来说是很棒的,至少比我想像的好很多!那些舞台上的props、服装(虽然说不上很华丽,但看得出经过一番心思)和演员们的演出和歌唱都很不错。我唯一觉得有问题的是演员们不够漂亮和不够瘦,哈哈~!我是说真的,小蝶的角色,她是一个靓女耶,但我们的就是一个略胖略矮的演员,无可否认她的歌声很好啦~!我最喜欢的莲西怎么变成是一个那么老又胖的Auntie咧?但是,老实说她的演技还真不错,真的有把莲西那种“三八”演出来,我自己在结束时给她最多鼓掌和尖叫呢!当然,我觉得问题最大的是男主角叶良财。Come one, that fellar can't sing! 还要他唱华语!OMG~!而且家豪这个角色应该是很艺术家脾气、很不会说话的,但这个音乐剧的却弄到他整个很“口花花”,很破坏啰!说穿了,这一切都是因为马来西亚舞台剧的发展还没有很好,所以人才不多,没有得选啦~!很可惜啦!
我喜欢演Danny那个演员(sorry,除了主要演员外,我都不知道其他的名字),我觉得他很适合那个角色,因为都很帅!:p
P/S: KL Pac is such a cool place~!

Okay, any plan next week guys? I'm free oh~! Kekekekeke...

2 comments:

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

paise neh....
now i oni hv time 2 sit diam diam and read ur blog.u know lar,kinda bz outing wif somebody =P
yea....i hope both of us have tat kinda happy ending.but i think ur chance is probably higher than me =P

ShiRLeXia said...

Haha, XT, you never know!