Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dark Shadows

It's another Tim Burton and Johnny Depp's movie and although except for the Pirates series, I've never find any of Tim Burton's movies nice, I still gave it a go to give my love and support to Mr. Johnny Cool Depp! :p
Well the movie actually started really well, with the usual Tim Burton's spookiness and super hilarious script. And I always love cross-era story, they just never failed to make me laugh! Especially when Barbanas Collins (Johnny Cool Depp's character) came to life from 1760s and called McDonalds some weird black magic names... I laughed like crazy man! But then half way through the movie became a little slow and draggy and I even managed to sneak out for a quick loo break. That was still manageable until... The ending which totally SUCKS! I just feel like it should have explained a lot more stuff in the end in stead of that ending which doesn't give a good ending to a lot of the plots.
Despite the not-so-impressive storyline and sucky ending, the cast did a great job I must say! Johnny Cool Depp is still as casual but brilliant as he always is. So is Helena Bonham Carter! Michelle Pfeiffer and Eva Green are a fresh air to the movie and special mention should also be given to 14 year-old Chloe Grace Moretz who contributed really natural and unforgettable acting to the movie.
Not entirely bad but not good enough to call it fantastic. Still, a must watch if you always enjoy Tim Burton and Johnny Cool Depp! :)

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I just thought Johnny really suits this kinda make up, you know, white face and red lips, haha :D

ShiRLeXia said...

Yeah I love him playing all these weird character really and for some reasons, he looks young in the movie!