Sunday, January 2, 2011

First lunch of 2011@Oriental Cravings, 1 Utama

As I said earlier, I was at 1 Utama on the first day of 2011. Right before Ducum and I went on to have our camwhore session in the fitting room, we had a sumptious lunch at Oriental Cravings.I've been here before once long long time ago and it was also 4e who brought me there. In fact, she is such a frequent customer that the lady boss actually remembers her and Ah Ma! Oriental Cravings is special in a sense where you get both hawker food, famous Chinese snacks, Kopitiam kinda food and main dishes under one roof. It's a little mixture of Dai Chao plus Kopitiam's food.It was actually our first meal of the day...
From snacks till main courses, here are what we had...Yam cake to start with...
Uncle Mike's Roti Bakar with GREEN Kaya~! I love green kaya!
Tofu with some spicy topping.
Ah Ma's Dry Curry Wantan Mee. Yummzzz...
Ducum's Claypot Lou Su Fun.
My Braised Yee Mee.
Stir-fried Lotus with Petai (ours was without the Petai).
Ah Ma's maid had the yummy-looking Belacan Fried Rice.
Uncle Mike also had this Fried Glass Noodles, with the ribbon he added in himself!
I didn't try all dishes but I was pretty happy with my plate of Braised Yee Mee. Nothing too special, but good enough to make me happy. Ah Ma's Dry Curry Wantan Mee was really nice too! I especially love the fact that the curry is curry pork in stead of curry chicken! I think the Fried Rice and Fried Glass Noodles looked really yummy too! I like the Stir-Fried Lotus with Petai (4e doesn't want the Petai :( ) a lot! I think they added some salted fish in it and that makes the dish smells really good! Hmmm... I think it will be even better with the Petai! :p
I'm not a fan of the tofu dish we ordered. The tofu itself is pretty ok but the topping wasn't very impressive.
One with my 4e, my idol and favourite 'e' since young.
Their dishes are mostly above RM10. We ended up paying around RM150 for the lunch, which is to me, pretty pricey. But I must say the portion is quite big and honestly, some of the dishes are worth their prices! And there are still some special dishes like Roast Pork Curry Mee that I really want to try!
My conclusion is, if you don't mind paying more for a better and cleaner atmosphere with some decent food, then Oriental Cravings is really not too bad a makan place.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Woohoo! So many yummy food...
Happy New Year ya!

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea~ You had fun in KL too huh?