Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lil' bit of this, lil' bit of that...

This is probably the last blog post of mine before I say goodbye to KL and make my way back to Taiping tomorrow~! Yeee~~~Haaaa~~~!!! Can't wait! :D

Let's start this post with some food...

Pre-CNY Dinner @ Betty's Midwest Kitchen
I swear we didn't do it on purpose, but I just confirmed that the first and last time we went to Betty's was also last year before CNY!!! Love the homey feel of the restaurant, really!
Well, because these people have been warning us with the fact that the restaurant is always packed so we basically stayed away from it until this random Friday when were we trapped in the bloody bad jam on the way to The Curve. So we decided to turn into Aman Suria for dinner at Betty's.Beh tahan the cuteness... Of my shirt!!!
The tea bag at Betty's looks so high-end and it's only RM4.50! Those lousy restaurants who charge expensive price but serve cheap tea should be shame of themselves!
It wasn't that bad when we were there but the restaurant was fully occupied later. Since it was only the two of us, we ordered a Pig in a Blanket as starter, with each of us having our own meal - Deardo's Cheeseburger and mine was the Pork Chop with Country Gravy. How can you resists this? Really?
Pork Chop with Country Gravy at RM23.
Deardo's Cheeseburger is RM15.50. In his words, it's cheaper than a value meal at McD!
Actually... I've been craving for Betty's for quite a while already! Finally I'm back! Yay~!
The Pig in a Blanket, though was freakingly oily, was bloody awesome! I mean, bacon with sausages??? What a great combination! Deardo's Cheeseburger was juicy and nice too while I really love the gravy and the mashed potatoes of my meal!
Since on the blackboard at the restaurant it says the Bud's ice-cream is rated as one of the best ice-creams in the world by Time magazine, we gave it a try too.Two big scoops of Bud's ice-cream at only Rm6.50!
Both the cookies and cream and the macadamia nuts flavours were nice! I mean, I don't know how to describe the taste, but they do taste like quality ice-cream lar!
We wrapped up our Pre-CNY dinner by paying RM67 plus. Though the portion aren't as big as the other well-known restaurants, but the quality and the cozy and homey feel of the restaurant do make a difference! :)

Random Supper @ Geylang Lor9
I've tried the famous frog porridge in Singapore during my last trip to Singapore two years ago. But I'm still not sure is it the same as this one that I had? Perhaps someone can help to certify???Geylang Lor9 Restaurant, which sells fresh frog porridge from what I know, first opened a branch in KL in SS2, if it wasn't Deardo's CG member Yapp, I wouldn't even know there is actually one so near us at Mentari! Thus we all had a very healthy supper that night with some super yummy and super fresh frog porridge! The frog porridge gang! Okay, maybe not that name since some of them didn't even dare to try.
I think the reason why I really love the frog porridge at the restaurant is because of the freshness of the frogs. I mean, there are so many places in KL selling frog porridge, especially now it is so commercialized that I could easily find one in a shopping centre. But those frogs are so obviously frozen ones whereas at Geylang Lor9 the frogs taste just so juicy and fresh! Smooth and fresh frog porridge! Yumzzz...
Ginger and Spring Onion Frog! Another yumzzz but quite spicy!
RM12 for a pot of the frog porridge is actually quite reasonable. But if you order the ginger and spring onions or Gong Bo ones then you will have to top up another RM3 for each bowl of plain porridge. To me, the taste and the freshness simply makes it worth every cent of the price!
The only downside of the restaurant? Those three stated above are the only choices you can choose from the entire restaurant! :S

I know this is so outdated... But Megamind is COOL!!!
Just watched the movie yesterday although it's not really a new movie anymore. Totally fell in love with the movie, surprisingly!
The story is just insane! I mean, where got superhero turn out to be so lousy one? Where got a bad guy always fail one? Where got a bad guy always so not confident with himself one?
Knowing me, who always love weird storyline, the movie surprised me a lot! And the script was cute and hilarious too. And what's with all the classic songs used? Damn cool okay??? Not to be forgotten, I have a lot of praises for the costumes designer! Damn nice lor all the costumes! Those costumes on Megamind, Metroman, Tighten and most importantly, Roxanne's! I just couldn't stop myself from being amazed with the clothes!
Thumb-up x 1000000000!!!

I'll see you in Taiping, people~~~!!! :D

2 comments:

viviantan-yan said...

LOL, ah duo...
the first picture i really can't recognise you lo...
the t-shirt really big leh...

ShiRLeXia said...

Hahaha... I forgot to mention in the post that that t-shirt is actually a guy's t-shirt. I just bought the S size!