Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Best Roast Chicken @ Chan Meng Kee Noodle House, SS2

The truth is, I don't even like Wanton Mee in KL, mostly because I still prefer the ones in Taiping, like the one at Aulong, so springy! 
The truth no.2 is, this was not my first visit to Chan Meng Kee, but it was this time that we tried something new that I decided to blog about it!
It was just a usual weekend where we waited for quite some time for our food to be served, which is very normal because the crowd there is forever that crazy on weekends. Out of curiosity though, I ordered my Wanton Mee to go with braised beef while Deardo sticks to his usual. We ordered a portion of Soup Wanton and gave in to the server's recommendation of roast chicken.
Wanton Soup (6 pcs), RM3.
Char Siew Noodle (Big), RM7.
Braised Beef Noodle (Medium), RM6.50.
While I'm not particularly a fan of their noodle itself, especially when it is often super oily, their toppings are always awesome. The roast pork is a must try, the Char Siew is in my opinion, second best after Toast & Roast and obviously I love their braised beef, which come in this nice aroma and few generous portions of innards too! The wanton however, were just average. 
Roast Chicken Leg, RM11.
But the star of the restaurant has to be the roast chicken! You know after ordering the chicken we sort of regretted it because we found out it is freaking RM11!!! But everything changed as soon as the plate of chicken was served to our table and we took the first bite! Ohhhhh.... Mama Mia~!!! How can the skin be so crispy??? And because it always comes in quarter chicken (chicken leg), the meat is so tender and juicy and I don't know how come all this while I didn't know about this super delicious chicken!!! That got to be by far the best roast chicken I've ever tried! Hands down!!!
Happy foodies~!!! Wheee~!!!
We were really happy and we have since visited the place a few more times and have never missed ordering the roast chicken! 
They also serve curry noodles and other noodles, if you are not a fan of Wanton Mee. Really, the shop isn't famous and crowded for no reason, so do give it a try one day! :)

Restoran Chan Meng Kee (or Chan Meng Kee Noodle House)
32, Jalan SS2/66,
SS2, 47300 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor
Tel: 012-688 1972

No comments: