Hello there!Remember the last time I shared the Shrimp & Avocado Sandwich recipe? Well, I did a chicken version which pretty much reminds me of my uni days in Curtin University where the library serves this unforgettably delicious Chicken Cheese Avocado Focaccia!
Anyway, I call this a fuss-free recipe because you don't even need to dirty your stove area trying to fry the chicken as we use the toaster oven here! Probably healthier too because no oil was used in this recipe! :)
What you need: Chicken breast cut into slices/strips, bread of any kind, rockets or any kind of vegetables, Avocado, Cheddar cheese or any kind of cheese that can melt easily, butter (I used olive spread), soya sauce, black pepper, sesame oil, Chinese rice wine and some cornflour.
What to do:
1) Put the chicken into a bowl and add in soya sauce, black pepper, sesame oil, Chinese rice wine and cornflour.
2) Mix well and leave it in the fridge for two hours or so.
3) Pre-heat your toaster oven then lay the chicken on the oven tray.
4) Send the chicken into the toaster oven for about 10-15 minutes or until they are cooked.
5) Remove the chicken and set aside.
6) Spread butter (I use olive spread) onto bread.
7) Now put some rockets (or any other green veg) on one side of the bread.
8) Lay the chicken slices on top.
9) Top that up with some sliced avocado.
10) Now put the cheese on top of everything.
11) Cover with another slice of the bread and put the sandwich onto a sandwich maker.
12) Toast carefully for about 1 minute or less each side to avoid them being burnt.
13) Remove and you can now enjoy your yummy sandwich!
|This is making me hungry!!!|
Love how sandwich can go so creative! Happy trying guys! :D