Merry Christmas, in advanced people!!!
So what's for Christmas this year? Well, I have no plans this year and after last year's party, I'm not very keen on doing anything big this year. Pot luck is fine but definitely not me cooking everything (phew~). But if you are planning on making some desserts for the celebration, here's a simple idea that was originally inspired by some random link I saw people sharing on FB. It's really something so easy that even a small kid can make, trust me!
What you need: Frozen Puff Pastry (I had mine from the leftover from making the Portuguese Egg Tarts), Nutella, Bananas cut into slices, an egg (beaten).
What to do:
1) Cut the puff pastry into square pieces (size is totally up to your own preference).
2) Now imagine you are going to fold the pastry into a triangle half, spread generous amount of Nutella on one side of the pastry, then put the banana over the Nutella (again, all amount are up to your personal preference, just make sure you leave a little space at the side).
3) Fold the pastry over to cover the filling.
4) Now with a fork, press the pastry together and form some lines on the side of the pastry.
5) Lay them all on a non-greasy paper on your baking tray.
6) Now to give your pastry a little shine, brush the surface with the beaten egg.6) Put the tray into a pre-heated oven at about 180c for about 15 minutes or until pastry turns brown and that't it!
With the crispy puff pastry, and if you put enough stuffing, you will get a mouthful of sinful yet dangerously delicious Nutella with a nice banana twist once you have a bite. It is truly, amazingly yummeeeey~!!! of course, the best thing is that it is so easy to make you can even make it in the morning for breakfast!!!
So happy trying peeps! And HAPPY HOLIDAY~!!! :D