Monday, December 30, 2013

Another Cool Brunch @ Nutmeg, Bangsar Village II

So, after hearing quite a lot about Nutmeg, I've finally got to go try it out with Deardo's sister and BIL one fine day. 
It was weekend so it was a little bit of a wait. I think we had to leave our contact number for them to call us back in about 20 minutes or so for a table. Their menu seems simple but some of the dishes do sound pretty interesting just by reading their names and descriptions.
The cafe at a glance and lil' Jolie reading fashion magazine. LOL!
As a first timer, I naturally went for the Nutmeg Big Breakfast, while the rest had their respective choices...
Nutmeg Big Breakfast, RM28.
Salmon Aglio Olio Spaghetti, RM23.
Roast Chicken, RM32.
I personally really appreciate the choices given on my plate of Big Breakfast, for instance, you can choose between hashed potatoes or fried mac & cheese (which I had to choose the later) and house-cured salmon or salt beef (I went for the salmon). I also love the roasted garlic tomatoes, which is really flavourful and yummy. The lamb sausage and the special sambal-looking chili paste were awesome too. Really, it was something different compared to other Big Breakfasts I had elsewhere. The only complain I have would be the pathetic amount of mushrooms given. 
Cafe Latte and Cappuccino, RM 8 each.
Deardo really enjoyed his Roast Chicken which is very nicely done and comes with some really tasty mushroom cream gravy. This is definitely a must try! The Salmon Aglio Olio Spaghetti was ok, not the best Aglio Olio I've had though. I tried the salt beef too but it was quite forgettable.
Us enjoying brunch while more people wait for their tables. 
But my piece of advice is not to order any coffee here, because while it is slightly cheaper, it is not worth the money. Walk an extra  few steps to get your coffee fix at Artisan in stead.
With drinks for all of us and 10% of service charge, the bill came up to RM156.20, which is quire reasonable. Deardo and I went back for a second visit since then and I'm now madly in love with their Croissand-wich which comes with Salmon and Scrabbled Egg. Man, I can eat that for every single meal a day! :p

Nutmeg
UGF-28A, Bangsar Village II,
No. 02, Jalan Telawi Satu,
Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel:03-2201 3663

No comments: