I hope you had a great Christmas celebration and are sailing into a brand new year with hopes of a better year, just like what I'm hoping for! :) So HAPPY NEW YEAR guys!!!
Since it's a brand new year, here's a new recipe to share - Hainanese Chicken Chop's gravy. Haha, cos I didn't deep fried my chicken, only grilled it so it's not really the real deal lah. Only the gravy is the real deal here. Googled for the recipe and ended up using this cos it's very simple. You can pick up how to marinate and deep fried the chicken chop there too,
What you need:
6 tbsp tomato ketchup, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp HP sauce, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 cup water, 2 tbsp sugar, cornstarch for thickening, tomato sliced into quarter, onion roughly cut and chopped garlic. You can add green peas too if you like.
What to do:
1) In a bowl, add the tomato ketchup, oyster sauce, HP sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
2) Add in the sugar.
3) Now add in the cup of water.
4) Stir and mix them all sauces evenly.
5) Now move on to a pan, simmer the onions and garlic over low fire until garlic turn just a little brownish.
6) Next pour in the mixture, and immediately the tomatoes.
7) Cook until tomatoes soften, then pour in cornstarch+water to thicken the gravy.
And you are done! Just pour the gravy over your chicken, add your favourite side dishes and you are ready to have your Hainanese Chicken Chop!
Taste wise, I find the gravy a little too sour to my liking. So next time I'll have to cut down on the ketchup, but otherwise it was quite a good first try! Maybe it would be good to make a real chicken chop when we really decide to buy an air-fryer. *wink~*