Thursday, January 29, 2015

Mummy Shirlexia Wanna be Stylish too!

When I found out I'm pregnant, I was pretty determined that being preggers won't stop me from dressing myself up, stylishly as the usual me did (ahem, damn thick skin). After all, a lot of readings I did tell mummies-to-be to treat themselves better and to look good so you won't feel so bad about yourself as you put on the weight.

I truly believe in that theory. If I'm already going to be fat and swollen, the last thing I want to do is to add a horrible dress to make myself look even worst and feel damn bad about myself, aye?

Unfortunately though, I was struggling to do so the first few months, finding out that maternity clothes in the malls are insanely expensive yet ridiculously ugly! They are seriously so aunty I just cannot take it! So I got my ways into buying better-looking and cheaper maternity wears online and eventually also resort to buying plus size clothes which are really pretty! :)

Of course, there aren't many #ootd lar since I didn't have too many of the nice clothes anyway, but here are some of my maternity fashion to share...

#1
First up, the first maternity dress I put on! 
Approx. @ 20 weeks
Dress: Say Fashion Maternity
Earrings: Diva
Bag: Gucci
Sandals: FitFlop

#2
Old tube dress comes handy during pregnancy that's for sure! *wink~*
Approx. @ 20 weeks
Dress: Forever 21 (old but stretchy tube dress)
Vest: Sub Zero (old too but still fit)
Sandals: FitFlop

#3
Old peplum top that still fits!
Approx. @ 20 weeks
Top: Forever 21
Leggings: H&M (non-maternity)
Bag: Charles & Keith
Shoe: Zara

#4
Love foreign brands like Warehouse cos they carry big sizes that I can still fit into! :)
Approx. @ 22 weeks
Dress: Warehouse
Necklace: Promod
Bag: Gucci
Sandals: Fit Flop

#5
Elastic dress that I can still fit into! Yay!
Approx. @ 22 weeks
Dress: H&M (non-maternity)
Necklace: Top Shop
Bag: Gucci
Sandals: Christy Ng

#6
I'm starting to think preggers look very good in straight maxi or midi! What do you think?
Approx. @ 23 weeks
Dress: P&Co
Crop top: Cotton On (old one still fit a little)
Necklace: Promod
Bag: Gucci
Sandals: FitFlop

#7
Hahahaha... Because we think taking #ootd pictures in Tesco, next to a bunch of bananas is totally appropriate? 
Approx. @ 23 weeks
Dress: Say Fashion Maternity
Necklace: Forever 21
Bag: Charles & Keith
Sandals: FitFlop

#8
Elastic skirt to the rescue this time around.
Approx. @ 23 weeks
Top: H&M (non-maternity)
Skirt: Dorothy Perkins
Bag: Charles & Keith
Sandals: FitFlop

#9
Again, elastic and higher waistline dress like this does wonders! 
Approx. @ 24 weeks
Dress: Glam Stage
Bag: Gucci
Sandals: FitFlop

#10
Loving straight cut midi dresses!
Approx. @ 25 weeks
Dress: P&Co
Bag: Samantha Vega
Necklace: Promod
Sandals: FitFlop

Okay, Sekian Terima Kasih!

5 comments:

Yannie said...

Love to see your fashion show, mummy to be. Have fun and enjoy your pregnancy.

ShiRLeXia said...

Haha Yannie, glad that I haven't scare you away with my swollen mummy looks yet! :p

Thanks so much!

Hayley said...

Erm, no need to buy a lot of maternity dresses, may be just a few. The rest, look for loose tops/dresses which can be worn after delivery.

But I have to admit, I love those maternity innerwears, they are very comfy!

Hayley said...

Erm, no need to buy a lot of maternity dresses, may be just a few. The rest, look for loose tops/dresses which can be worn after delivery.

But I have to admit, I love those maternity innerwears, they are very comfy!

ShiRLeXia said...

Yeah Hayley,

Most of my clothes are not maternity, they are just bigger sizes. After that I should be able to wear it still! :)

I haven't bought those innerwears! Hmmm... Must go find out...