Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Famous Sarawak Laksa @ Aunt Christina's Sarawak Laksa, Lucky Garden

I love Sarawak Laksa, although I haven't gotten myself all the way to Sarawak to try a real authentic one yet (I would very much love to since Sarawak sounds like another great place for great food). I have a personal favourite in Wangsa Maju which I've tried many years ago when I was still in college I don't even know if the stall still exist. The next one is this one in Subang, which isn't too bad.
Recently though, Deardo brought me to Bangsar to try the very famous Aunt Christina's Sarawak Laksa and needless to say, I was excited.
Aunt Christina's stall is super famous that she has been featured in numerous TV shows, newspapers and magazines. Some claimed she has the best Sarawak Laksa in KL! When we were at the old school kopitiam, almost every table has at least one person eating her noodles. 
Sarawak Laksa we forgot how much, probably around RM6. 
The Laksa comes in an extra big bowl, but with noodles and soup probably covered only half a bowl, topped with two big prawns, probably the biggest size I've ever seen in a Sarawak Laksa. I love the thick soup a lot, very flavourful and you could literally taste those spices used too cook it. I would prefer the bihun and bean sprout to be a little not so overcooked while the prawns aren't too fresh, but overall, it was a satisfying bowl of goodness. 
Siew Yok and Roast Chicken Rice.
We also tried the chicken rice at the shop since we saw so many people ordering it but while the rice tastes pretty good, the chicken and Siew Yok aren't up to standard.
Us, we traveled all the way to Bangsar for a bowl of Sarawak Laksa. 
Well, if you ask me, I won't say it out loud that Aunt Christina has the best Sarawak Laksa in KL, partially because I don't think I've tried all of them yet. Taste wise, I don't think it is fantastic although undeniably the soup is pretty awesome. Still worth a try if you are a Sarawak Laksa fan just like me! :)

Aunt Christina's Sarawak Laksa
Kedai Makanan Nam Chuan
2-4, Lorong Ara Kiri 2,
Lucky Garden,
59100 Bangsar, KL

No comments: