Sunday, March 15, 2015

Affordable & Yummy Taiwanese Food @ Taipei Taipei, Solaris Dutamas

We were struggling to find a place for nice dinner at an affordable price one fine evening at Publika when we saw Taipei Taipei, which is located right next to Coffee Societe. Though the decor of the restaurant looks pretty fancy, the menu suggests that the food are quite wallet-friendly! So we gave it a try.
I have a soft spot for their modern-oriental design and decor, providing a very cozy dining experience. Some of the old school stuff are just too cute and they sometimes make me miss Taiwan a lot. Though I won't say Taiwan is the best country I've traveled to, it is indeed quite a nice place to travel simply because of its friendly people, clean cities and their old streets and buildings that are completely different compared to what you find in Malaysia.
They have a one-page menu but from snacks, rice, noodles up till some typical Taiwanese drinks, they offer almost everything you know about Taiwanese cuisine. And so we made our orders...
Our side dish and green tea that cost RM6.
For the mains, you can choose to have it as ala carte or top up another RM6 to make it a set meal which comes with a drink and a side dish. We only topped up one of our dishes so we could share. The side dish was a spicy marinated cucumber which was quite appetising but I wouldn't say it's super nice. We had the hot Taiwan Green Tea but I think I would prefer it iced next time.
Taiwanese Style Marinated Pork Chop Rice, RM13.90.
Soy-Stewed Pork Rice, RM13.90.
Onto the mains, Deardo tried their signature Taiwanese Style Marinated Pork Chop Rice which was pretty awesome. The pork chop was flavourful and doesn't feel very oily at all. The side vegetables and egg that came with the bowl of rice also got a full approval from Deardo. :) I had the Soy-Stewed Pork Rice which is quite yummy but I would prefer the meat to be a bit more tender. I do, however really appreciate the fact that the rice comes with all the side vegetables to make it a balance meal. Also very glad that they actually use Taiwanese rice which are shorter and fatter, and of course, yummier! 
Spicy Noodle (dry) with Chicken Chop.
We recently visited the place again for lunch and I had the Spicy Noodle with Chicken Chop. While the noodle is not for the faint-hearted (very spicy and a little too sweet to my liking), the chicken chop was totally to-die-for! So crispy, tender yet sinful! :p
So glad that we have found another nice spot for some nice and affordable Taiwanese food! :D
And for the dinner, we paid RM37.20, including service charge, which I assume is still considered very reasonable compared to you dining in other fancy restaurants inside Publika! We already went back once and I'm quite sure we will be back for more! :)

Taipei Taipei
D3-G3-3A, Solaris Dutamas,
No.1, Jalan Dutamas 1,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-6206 5682

2 comments:

Hayley said...

That's 卤肉饭 right?

I agree, price is quite reasonable!

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea! And I love Lu Rou Fan!!! :)