Monday, August 18, 2008

Mixture of things, but mostly food...

Phew~It was such a busy weekends that I have no time to published anything except for the short Lee Chong Wei's stuff.
And now I'm actually using my office hour and office's computer and internet (shhhhh...) to do this here... Hehehe...
I had two gatherings last week. One was a very short one with my ex-colleagues at Penang Food Restaurant back in Perth. Chia Pin came from JB, so we all went out for a short dinner on Wednesday night. There were also 'long time no see' Charlene and Yit Chuan and Caroline and her husband Perry came later and I forgot to take picture with them... Sorry!
That's us in Perth, 2005, if I'm not mistaken... And that's us in KL, 2008...
It was fun catching up with them after such a long long time... Charlene became so lady-like with her long hair and skirt! Wee~weet~! And Yit Chuan... Missed his broken Mandarin and the "I te~il you ah, you don't te~il me"! Chia Pin became so much more slimmer while Caroline... Not much different lar. But I guess everybody is doing good. Too bad couldn't meet up with Ju Lin whom I also haven't seen since who knows when? And Weng Yew and Pat, next time you guys will have to come, okay?
And then on Saturday morning, 4e called even before I woke up to ask me to join them for dinner since Ah Ku and the kids were in town. Since it was a seafood feast, I decided to go, although I was really tired, having not enough of sleep for the past one week and having to go to class and do recording and all...
Anywayz, I always love Pantai Seafood! They just have really nice seafood and dishes! Take a look at these pictures. I am sure now you want to try them too!
This one... I'm sure it costs a lot although I don't know how to call it in English...
Clam soup, not too bad...
In Chinese we call these snails, supposedly shell fish lar, with curry powder. A bit too overcooked to me.
Their speciality Kai Lan, shredded Kai Lan. Nice one too!Oh... This one, is yummy! Crab with salted egg yolk!
Probably the most fatenning one of the night, Pork leg. But believe me, its GOOD!
Abalone with Tofu... Ok-ok lar...
The fish...I really forgot the name! The one that people usually use to cook porridge ler!
The other half of the fish is here, in the soup, which is my personal favourite dish of the night!!!
And us being us, only about eight of us and two kids, we finished what? OMG, bloody 10 dishes(I didn't take picture of the 8th one)!!! And then we actually went on to have coffee and cakes at Secret Recipe! Geng ler???
Anywayz, special thanks to 4e for the dinner! I really enjoyed it! I LOVE FOOD! AND I LOVE SEAFOOD!!!
Everybody except for the photographer.
And that's me(the photographer) and Ah Ma.
Now, here are the 'desserts'. My very sweet half ang mo cousin sister Karina and cousin brother Adrian tried their best to deliver stories in Mandarin...



They are soooooo cute, aren't they???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aiya... when was that again ar?
Must get a time to meet up k!