Wednesday, August 6, 2008

An Unprofessional Preview of the Beijing Olympic Games

Oooohyea… The 2008 Beijing Olympic Games is coming in 2 days time!!!
I’m sure everybody is very excited about it! But most people are actually very excited because of the fact that it is going to be held in China.
Mine is another case lor… I don’t really understand why I have to be so excited when it is held in Beijing. I mean, are you kidding me? The performances at the opening and closing ceremony would be Chinese performances which you and me know more than enough. Not interesting anymore, right? So Beijing, give me surprise if you can.
I’m excited because I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MALAYSIA’S FIRST GOLD MEDAL! Okay, put it this way, even a medal of any colours is good enough. We’ve not been winning anything since the 1996 Atlanta Games, which was hello? Which was when I started to become a sports fan watching Yap Kim Hock-Cheah Soon Kit playing in the final! And I was only 12! I’m now bloody 24 years old! Malaysian sportsmen, are you that char? Come on, prove to me and the country that you are capable of something!
Football aside, sport is the only thing you can see me being very patriotic. I will most of the time defend them, the sportsmen when someone say bad things about them. So I would be praying hard for the Malaysian contingent, which contains of 33 atheltes this time. Put your hands together for…
Diving
Bryan Nickson Lomas
Leong Mun Yee
Elizabeth Jimie
Yuliya Pakhalina
Pandelela Rinong
Swimming
Daniel Bego
Siow Yi Ting
Liew Yih Wey
Khoo Cai Lin
Leung Chii Lin (is she actually from Taiwan?)
Archery
Cheng Chu Xian (ohyeah! My cute guy, remember?)
Mhd Marbawi Sulaiman
Khalmizam Wan Abd Aziz
Athletics
Yuan Yu Fang... She should be role model to all the women out there!
Yuan Yu Fang (supermum! Definitely one of my favourite athletes that I admire so much!)
Roslinda Samsu
Lee Hup Wei Judging on her experience of winning the China Open, I think Wong Mew Choo has a chance to spring a surprise in Beijing.
Badminton
Lee Chong Wei
Wong Choong Hann
Lee Wan Wah-Choog Tan Fook (still my favourite pair of all time)
Koo Kien Keat- Tan Boon Heong (the cutest athletes in the entire contingent!)
Wong Mew Choo
Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty
Cycling
Josiah Ng (also one of my favourite athletes)
Azizul Hasni Awang
Rizal Tisin
Mohd Edrus Yunus
Sailing
Kevin Lim
Shooting
Hasli Izwan Amir Hassan (one of the friendliest athletes I know)
Tarkwondo
Elaine Teoh
Su Li Wen (who?)
Weightlifting
Amirul Hamizan Ibrahim
Congratulations to these Olympians!
Some of the left-outs that I’m still feeling bad for are the likes of Yeoh Ken Nee-Rosharisham Roslan in diving and the men’s hockey team. Ken Nee and Rosh definitely lost their Beijing tickets because of biasness. It feels like something is missing without them. Sad, man, sad... As for the hockey team, I just hope to see them play lar before all my favourite senior players like Chua Boon Huat retire, although I knew there is no way they would make it with Germany playing in the same qualifiers.
Anywayz, my bet is not much difference if you compared to the ‘official’ ones. I also think badminton, archery and cycling will be where we would possibly get our possible medals from. Tan Fook-Wan Wah, the ones that I really hope to see them winning medal.
In badminton, everybody has the chance, it all depends on how they perform then, and of course a bit of luck. I even think Wong Mew Choo has the better chance in the women’s single than her boyfriend Lee Chong Wei in the men’s singles. But personally I’m praying hard for Tan Fook-Wan Wah to win something since they are my favourite pair of all time, and this will be their final Olympic appearance! So Tan Fook-Wan Wah, go for it!!! Kien Keat-Boon Heong... Haih... Do something guys! Do something!
In archery…Well, with their world-class standard, I won’t be surprise if they bring home a medal or more lor. For your information, they are currently ranked fourth or fifth in the world, okay? Don’t play play! P/S: Now I’m not really sure if Cheng Chu Xian is cute or not… Sometimes he looks so old in some pictures in the paper! Let me see him in real person first, and then I’ll tell you. Our archers, who are good bet to win medals!!! Cheer for them!
It is very encouraging to see cycling in Malaysia is now not just about JOSIAH NG. Some of them are really young and have long way to go. BUT…Don’t get me wrong wor, I’m still very much a fan of Josiah. Go Josiah, don’t lose in the final again this time! And SERIOUSLY make sure you won’t fall and hurt yourself during the race this time around! GO JOSIAH! GO WIN THE MEDAL! THE GOLD MEDAL!!! Josiah Ng, my school time idol is definitely going to show you he can make us proud!
Ok lar, to the Malaysian contingent, all the best and good luck from me, and lots of prayers from Shirlexia! Muakkkkksss…
MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!
Aaarrrhhh… I soooooo want to skip work and stay at home to follow the games! Aaarrrrhh… How if Malaysia wins a gold medal and I’m sitting in the office wasting my time? Aaaarrrhhhh!!! I would want to kill myself if that really happens!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol..seems like u love sports very much..
So semangat!!!!

ShiRLeXia said...

Hi Denise!
May I know who are you? Do I know you?

Anonymous said...

babe you're so sweet... semangat!!! xoxo how are you keeping?

ShiRLeXia said...

Everybody is saying I'm semangat!
Oh well, it's Olympic mah!!!