Monday, February 23, 2009

YES!!! SEAN PENN WON!!!

YES! YES! YES!
When it was announced that Sean Penn won the Best Actor award at the Oscar 2009, I literally punched my hands into the air and shouted "YES!"... IN THE OFFICE!!!
(Oh well, I actually wish I could jump and run all over!!!)
Ok lar, I'm also a fan of Slumdog Millionaire and I'm very happy that they won a total of 8 awards (yea, a FREAKING 8 awards!!!), but that was like no surprise!
But Sean Penn was only the second favourite to win the Oscar, behind this guy called Mickey Rourke, who had beaten him at the Golden Globe earlier. That was why I had been so bloody kan cheong since this morning, before the event actually started!!!
And oh I love how Sean Penn delivered his acceptance speech! Humourous, and at the same time never forgot to be serious and came up with his praises for Barrack Obama too! Ha...
Here's some part of his speech I picked up here and there...

You commie, homo-loving, sons of guns,I did not expect this and...I know how hard I make it to appreciate me. I think it is a good time for those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect and anticipate their great shame and the shame in their grandchildren's eyes if they continue that way. We've got to have equal rights for everyone.


You see, the reason for me to love such actor like Sean Penn, is obviously not because he looks cute. Since
I Am Sam, which Jodi showed me years ago in Perth, I've fallen in love with this cool actor. I found him even 'cooler' later because of his personal character. He speaks his mind, doesn't care much about the paparazzi, doesn't do much interview, and he is also a political activist, agaisnt George W. Bush of course, and that is why I love him! And now he is also there to fight for gay rights, even though he is straight! See how sweet and cool Sean Penn is? I just found this particular article written about him really good.Sean Penn and his wife at the red carpet... They actually noticed he forgot to thank his wife!
That's Sean Penn in one of the scenes in Milk.
I also congratulate Milk for winning the Best Original Screenplay award. You know what? I, myself cannot believe it, that I was in tears when the writer Dustin Lance Black delivered his moving speech...
Oh my God. This was, um. This was not an easy film to make. First off, I have to thank Cleve Jones and Anne Kronenberg and all the real-life people who shared their stories with me. And, um, Gus Van Sant, Sean Penn, Emile Hirsch, Josh Brolin, James Franco, and our entire cast, my producers, Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen, everyone at Groundswell and Focus, for taking on the challenge of telling this life-saving story. When I was 13 years old, my beautiful mother and my father moved me from a conservative Mormon home in San Antonio, Texas to California and I heard the story of Harvey Milk. And it gave me hope. It gave me the hope to live my life, it gave me the hope to one day live my life openly as who I am and that maybe even I could fall in love and one day get married.
(He chokes up, audience begins to applaud.)

I want to thank my mom who has always loved me for who I am, even when there was pressure not to. But most of all, if Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he’d want me to say to all of the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight who have been told that they are less than by their churches or by the government or by their families that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you and that very soon, I promise you, you will have equal rights, federally, across this great nation of ours. (Wild applause from the audience.) Thank you, thank you, and thank you God for giving us Harvey Milk.

Watch the touching video here.

Or here...

Dustin's acceptance speech is surely going to be remembered for a long long time.

Some actors and actresses, including Sean Penn himself was in tears. And while google searching for the speech, I found everybody is now talking about that speech!!! Looks like it is just going to be one of Oscar's classic!
There might be something wrong with me, Shirlexia, for crying for a gay guy's gay speech. Nah, I'm not gay, maybe just not yet. But I feel really really sad listening to what Dustin said. Let the gays have their rights! And to gay parents, there is just nothing wrong with your kids being gay! You guys should support them!!!
Well, anywayz, congratulations to Slumdog Millionaire!!!
I'm soooooo glad no surpriese happen there! :)
Big winner there, Slumdog Millionaire!!!
OMG, I'm so damn excited I don't think I can sleep tonight!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wasai so fast u ....
walao ye ...
yesterday de no updated...
today de now can see d
hahahahahahahaha
bao a bao :)

ShiRLeXia said...

Wei, 你很破坏耶!
This is a blog post on Sean Penn, you suddenly comment about other things... ==|||
Okay, okay, Yut Kee is the next one!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Sean Penn 真的不错哦!
Dustin很帅耶。。

ShiRLeXia said...

Ah Han,
Sean Penn很酷,整个是我的超级偶像!!!
很可惜,Dustin是gay的......:(

Anonymous said...

很可惜耶。。。世界上还有很多美女嘛。。。对不对,shirlexia...hahaha!!他好像很年轻hor..

ShiRLeXia said...

为了你,我特地去google了,他今年30有5!