Monday, March 23, 2009

Kien Kee & Ayam Penyet AP Review

Only six posts in almost a month? That's going to be a record breaking 'achievement' man! Hehehe...
Well, I was busy with work, work, and more work. Oh, and also programmes, programmes and more programmes... Plus, I left the photo-taking part to the 'professional' photographer, so have to wait for those people to transfer lar, edit lar, this and that lar...
So I'll skip those first and go to those that I have the pictures taken by myself with my not-so-pro camera.
Restaurant Kien Kee
I went to the International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2009 at Putrajaya last Saturday, and the pictures are still with our lovely, cute, professional photographer Li Jing... Dear Li Jing, I really hope to get those pictures from you SOON!!!
But Li Jing didn't join us for dinner that night. We went to Kien Kee somewhere in Serdang.Kien Kee, somewhere hidden in Serdang.
It was so crowded that we had to wait for about 45 minutes for our food to arrive and we were all already starving like crazy! Over there they have a plenty of famous dishes--the drunken prawns, drunken chicken, spicy soup, 'Hua Tiao' chicken, etc.
We ordered the spicy soup and 'Hua Tiao' chicken, and some vegetables and tofu which aren't the main attraction lar. The spicy soup or 辣汤came first. I think we all like the soup a lot. I first thought it would be with lots of chili or tastes rather like those sweet and sour soup. But it appears to be just clear soup, and the 'spicy' part is just the whole loads of pepper!!! I can assure you, you need tissue for the sweat when eating that! What I like the most about the soup is that it has so much of stuff in it! It has whole loads of chicken, pork and intestines. Ooooohhhh... And it was so spicy and so hot you feel so syok drinking it!!! Haha, I know it sounds wrong, but that was exactly how I felt when enjoying it! It was so damn yummy~!Still boiling HOT... The Spicy Soup!
The 'Hua Tiao' chicken (花雕鸡)to me was ok lar, not the best one I've ever eaten lor. I remember the best one I've eaten should be the one I had at the Taiwanese restaurant somewhere in KL.'Hua Tiao' Chicken is here and Tan Wei Jian just had to stick the chopsticks into it just to 'disturb' my picture.
Anywayz, to be honest we thought it was a bit pricy. For all these famous dishes, they charge RM8 per head. Well of course it was still ok for us that night because we ordered potion for 5 persons while we had 8 people. But honestly, the spicy soup is worth the price! :)

Ayam Penyet AP
I've been secretly a loyal reader of blogger KY's blog, who always goes around to have really good food. I recently spotted two places he recommended in his blog that I really want to go. First one is the Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Hoa, while the second one is the Indonesian restaurant, Ayam Penyet AP. You know what, I've been craving for real, authentic Vietnamese and Indonesian food which I've fallen in love with since my two years stay in Australia!
Anywayz, I had to put Pho Hoa on the waiting list since it's quite far away from my place. But for Ayam Penyet AP, oh, it's just walking distance from my house! So today I actually skipped gym for that! I just can't wait!
I went with Ducum for dinner. We ordered the Ayam Penyet, Lele (haha, such a cute name lar)Penyet (ikan keli, cat fish) and terong (eggplant) Penyet, plus a bowl of Bakso, since the Penyet dishes doesn't have any gravy, we couldn't eat rice without any soup or gravy!
The Ayam Penyet and Lele Penyet was really good! Both very fresh and yummy! The sambal that came with them was burning spicy but nice! :) Oh, did I tell you guys I love ikan keli? It's not the kinda fish Chinese would eat but I think it is absolutely yummy!Ayam Penyet and Lele Penyet, served with sambal, tempe, fried tofu, cucumber, cabbage and kangkong.
But my personal favourite would be the eggplant! I don't know why it's just so tasty that even Ducum, someone who doesn't like eggplant actually had it and like it! Believe me, it's just THAT GOOD! Ooooooo... Love the terong penyet!!!
The Bakso was not to say very fantastic, but not-bad lor. I think it's probably the best Bakso I've ever had in KL so far! Ducum and I just can't stop drinking the soup which was a bit sour with the lime we added in! The sambal was also very spicy but syok eating it!The Bakso and the very yummy sambal.
Like what KY said, the price was absolutely reasonable. Ducum had two cups of bubble tea (ha, too spicy mah...) at the price of only RM3.50 per cup! Not bad right? The only down side, at least to me, is the fact that the penyet dishes are deep fried, and that means... Super duper fattening!!! Aiks, no skipping gym anymore tomorrow!!!
Shirlexia and Ducum were really happy with the Penyetx3, Baksox1, ricex1,bubble teax2, teax1!
But well, WE WILL BE BACK FOR MORE!!!:p

1 comment:

Y said...

heyhey i just saw your post on 小龙 way back and omg you are so lucky!! :P hes so 帅 no? i'm from perth toooo :D