Tuesday, March 31, 2009

清明时节雨纷纷,我们来哈哈哈哈笑~!

Not to say we are disrespectful to our ancestors, but Cheng Beng (we speak Hokkien lar, so not 'Cheng Meng' lar, ok) every year is like quite a fun family outing for us. Most relatives would be back in Taiping, sometimes more than those who went back for CNY. We would all joke around at the graveyard, making fun of every single thing, especially those funny paper stuff that we always burn for our Ah Gong (grandfather).
For example, two years ago, my 4e actually ate siu yok(roasted pork) at the graveyard, and my Ah Gong also got siu yok there, so she actually asked Ducum to help take a picture of her with my 'Ah Gong', which means she was eating siu yok with my Ah Gong. Unfortunately, Ducum still keep the picture...My 4e was sharing her Siu Yok moment with Ah Gong...
Well, this year's Cheng Beng was my first one after I-don't-know how many years since I went to Perth. So I was quite excited about it until I almost forgot where my Ah Gong's graveyard is. Ducum took some nice photos and I'm going to make this a blog with many many photos in stead of words...
We first visited our Ah Gong (father's side) in this Cantonese graveyard place(nop, I'm not Cantonese, I'm Teochew). It was still very early in the morning, very beautiful morning, very beautiful weather...Give you a challenge, find where am I in this picture!!!
Ah Siew's facial expression is enough for me to put this photo here!
My pa doing his thing...
See that crazy girl standing with that kinda pose? Forget about the pose, what about her jacket? I bought it, okay! I BOUGHT IT!Leng Chai~ Whee~Whee~Whee~*whistle non-stop*
I swear with my sanitary pad, they are not the same person! I swear!
My Ah Ma... She actually scolded Ducum for taking this picture because she wasn't ready! Cute, isn't she? Hahaha...
From left, my cousin bro Ah Quan, Ah Kia (yes, just like Ah Ka) and my other uncle.
Josticks... Don't know what to type as caption also... ==See, Ah Siew also wanted to take a picture with Ah Gong!
Things for my Ah Gong... Talk about recession man, it doesn't affect my Ah Gong(s).
I told ya, economic crisis only happens on earth!
So you think we look-alike? Now I let you compare lar! Oh... The next thing I'm going to do is to get a pair of glasses like that!The other three kids besides us... Ah Siew, Ah Quan and Ah Kia.
I love this picture... Because it' s soooo freaking funny! My Ah Ma probably had some flies in her stomach now... Kakakaka...
Pa and Mi... Still very loving and cute in their 50s... Ooooppsss...
Nice one before leaving for the 'next round'!
Ohya, on the way out, I met Andrew, the cute guy(means cute, cute, not handsome cute) I used to like in school and it was bloody funny the way I actually yelled his name and waved in the car and his mother saw me first before he did!
And then when the weather turned really HOT, it was time to visit my other Ah Gong (mum's side). Well, when we arrived nobody was there yet, so we actually started to sing some oldies for our Ah Gong. Ducum and I were really close to our Ah Gong before he suddenly left us when I was 12. He used to come home and sat on his lazy chair and asked me to play his oldies CDs with his hi-fi player... So we started singing lor... 路边的野花~你不要采~噔~噔~噔~噔~噔~噔~!And then 千王之王、万水千山总是情、偷偷摸摸、月亮代表我的心、何日君再来、情人的眼泪...... I think Ah Gong was hoping other people would come faster because he really beh tahan our singing liao! Muuuuuurrrrr... Ah Gong doesn't want us liao... Hahahaha...Ducum thinks she is sun bathing next to Ah Gong...
What do you learn from this picture? Answer: Ducum loves the sun, Shirlexia hates the sun...
Still don't wanna come? We are bored!!!
Still don't wanna come is it? Moi Choy Nei~!
I don't understand, Ducum said this picture looks very nice!
Aaaahhh... My other cute Ah Ma! :)
Some other relatives came to pay their respect...
I also don't know how to describe my 4e and Mike, newly-wed or to-be-wed? Huh?See that cigarette on your left? My Ah Gong is smoking ler!
My Ah Gong got a 'Mar-see-lee' with a driver this year! Cool ler???
My Ah Gong's grave has got English words, okay? Don't play play!
A full-shot of my Ah Gong's grave before leaving.
Talking about the English words on my Ah Gong's grave... There was this some kinda water or acid which damaged the gold-coloured words a little bit. So all the 'T's are faded. And so now the whole family's surname became 'Eh' in stead of 'Teh'. Ducum and I started to make fun of that calling my aunties and uncle, plus my mum... 'Eh' Yew Beng, 'Eh' Chai Wah, 'Eh' Chai Leng, 'Eh' Chai Peng... Kakakakaka... The thing is, they say the acid thingy is supposed to be something good, so we're not supposed to fix the words anymore. So it seems like they have to be called 'Eh' for their rest of their life! LOL!
So yea, Ducum said it was too hot she had to stop taking too many pictures...
Taiping was all packed on that particular Sunday not only because everyone went back for Cheng Beng, but also because of the bloody hell tri-election at Bukit Gantang. I think loads of people from all over west Malaysia swam into Taiping that day. Road blocks everywhere, police everywhere, I read KK had to actually walked to the graveyard from his house... ==Those people ah, can be so semangat in things like that one lor! It was just the nomination day, god damn it!!!
From what we saw, PAS won the day. But KK got some BN supporters pictures also, so I really don't know!
Anywayz, here are some captionless pictures...Before you know, they've made such a big mess! KK said there were lots of rubbish outside his house after the whole fuss. And guess what? It took us bloody 5 hours plus to reach KL that day! We met so many PAS drivers on the highway!
Grrrrrrhhhhh...
Bloody 5 HOURS PLUS man!!!

4 comments:

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

1st time i saw ppl go cheng beng like go 2 picnic!
so happening and so haPpy.
i cant go cheng beng tis year,hv 2 work during sunday T.T

ShiRLeXia said...

Haha, everything has a first time mah XT!
Now you see liao.
Next time you can come join me lar!

Unknown said...

U burn "Mar-see-lee"; do u burn along d car keys and alarm system?

ShiRLeXia said...

Oh shit! Li Jing!
I didn't!
Aiya, can't blame me, it wasn't me who bought the car...