I LOVE EGGS! Almost everything made with eggs are awesome food and the egg counters at the hotel's breakfast buffet are always what I'm most looking forward to (and will be disappointed if there aren't any egg counter)!this recipe one day and thought hey I have everything needed in the recipe in my fridge, I even have the muffin trays! So let's start
What you need (I made half the recipe):
3 eggs, 1/4 cup low-fat milk, chopped zucchini, chopped red capsicum, chopped red onion, shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
1) In a big mixing bowl, break the eggs, then add in the milk, salt and pepper.
2) Beat the eggs up, mixing all ingredients nicely.
3) Now add in all vegetables and cheese into the mixture and mix well.
4) Now, scoop the mixture into oiled muffin trays, around 3/4 full only.
5) Send into a pre-heated oven and baked at around 180c for 20 minutes. Note that the muffins will appear 'swelling' like they might spill out anytime in the oven but that's ok, they will come down once they cool down.
6) Remove the trays from oven, as they cool down a little remove the muffins from the tray and serve immediately.
The result? Freaking delicious!!! Best of all, it is so simple that I can wake up in the morning and quickly make this for breakfast and bring to work! Plus, it's definitely healthy too, especially when I went really generous with the vegetables! Of course, the use of ingredients is really flexible too. I've seen some recipes adding hams and bacon, or replace zucchini with boiled baby spinach so it's really up to your personal preference!
|Yummy and nutritious Muffin Frittatas that are too simple to make!|