Friday, November 30, 2007

Across the Universe is AWESOME!

Well, I know Yve Vonn will be shouting at me... But I had also missed all the films for 2 weeks because of the time I spent in the hospital, and then in Taiping. I'm so glad that I'm finally back to the cinema! Hurray! Watched 3 movies the last two days and Across the Universe is the best of the 3!!!

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
I went for the movie after reading about it in a magazine few days back. It said many internet-er had actually voted that this movie will be the big winner at the Oscar next year! I didn't read the synopsis though, but I was curious since it looks like just a teenagers movie! Anywayz, the title of the movie was also pulling me into the cinema since that is possibly my favourite Beatles' song!
But I am very surprise at what I see. True, it's like more or less a teenagers movie, on love, on sister-brother love, on war, etc. Which is like, duh... Very normal and perhaps boring. And the thing is, you don't even know the actors(okay, you get to see Bono of U2 and Salma Hayek)! But trust me, they are really not bad. The storyline, set in the 60s, might be a bit too common, but there are a few twists here and there that you wouldn't get in other ordinary teenagers films.
Of course, without me knowing, it's a musical! Which is more than fine for me! Especially when there are plenty of Beatles songs in it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Across the Universe, Blackbird, Hey Jude, strawberry Field Forever , Lucy in the Diamond Sky etc. Even for someone who know really little about The Beatles like me, got really excited listening to those songs. And this is definitely not Chicago or Moulin Rouge! It's different! The editing, the dances, the costumes, and the really special effects!
I mean, some part of it might be a bit too 'extraordinary', but damn I enjoy about 90% of the entire movie!!!
LOVE IT AND YOU BETTER WATCH IT!!!
BEE MOVIE
A bit too late for me to talk about this movie isn't it? But well, I'm sorry but I was trapped in the hospital, remember?
Well, this one is erm... Quite interesting, very educating... But I think it is not funny enough for an animation-cartoon film. Nevertheless, I love Renee Zellweger's voice! Her voice is just as cute as Bridget Jones!




战。鼓
很久之前就很想看这部电影了,首先是打鼓这东西吸引了我,再来当然是李心洁和房祖名。
优人神鼓的表演真的很棒,可惜电影中并没有好好的给把它拍出来,而且剪接真的有点糟糕!或许是想保留着,让我们有机会自己买票去看看他们的表演吧!
故事则也蛮普通的,来来去去的都是黑社会。不同的可能是这次的父子、父女情的确"弄"得不错,至少感动了我!感情戏方面就比较草草了事,反正不是主菜嘛!
李心洁没有发挥的机会,但房祖名却再一次证明他真的很不错!其实男儿本色之后我就开始欣赏他了,我看得出来他的努力,而且演技从较早个人认为惨不忍睹的早熟到现在,真的进步了很多!看好你啦,Jaycee!反正我觉得房祖名有点像是救了这部电影罗!

2 comments:

fox said...

是啊,across the universe 很好看。是我2007年最享受最回味的电影。
尤其是里头的歌曲啊,钻到心窝去的那种温馨和感触。

Anonymous said...

yes ,Across the universe is such a wonderful film!i watched it twice.Can you introduce more about the songs in it