Friday, December 26, 2008

Oh yes, I want a perfect snogging too!

Here are the two movies I've watched last Wednesday, and I really think they are pretty good! :)
Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging
It's from the director of Bend it Like Beckham and Pride and Prejudice, Gurinder Chadha. I don't remember liking Pride and Prejudice, but I love Bend it Like Beckham, that was why I so wanted to watch this movie!!!
Well, you gotta face it that Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (ATPS from now on) is based on a teenage novel. It's about a teenage girl who thinks she is not pretty and doesn't like her parents, and thinks she would never have a boyfriend blah blah blah... So not my type of story, right?
But then I LOVE IT!!! It might be chessy here and there, but the rest are all good! It's well presented, cute and SO FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!
Although I think the way the main girl Georgia Groome speaks and acts was a bit too much, but I don't know, maybe that is how the Brits speak (no offense really)? But I do think she suits the character! And girls, check out the guys in the movie! Robbie (Aaron Johnson IV) and Tom (Sean Bourke) , they look so... YUMMY!!! I actually think Ducum will go crazy watching them, and the lead singer of the band Robbie is in! I'm 100% sure about that!!! She will start searching for their names on the internet... You just wait and see...
Oh yea, Georgia's sister Libby is SOOOOOOO CUTTTEEEEE!!!

ATPS is really COOL!

Yes Man
If you haven't know, I'm a fan of Jim Carrey. Erm... He is probably third in my list of favourite Hollywood actor (I will give you a treat if you know who are my top two favourite actors, I'm serious!). Although missing most of his kids-like-story movies, I told myself I will have to watch Yes Man.
Even though Ducum watched it and said it isn't good, I thought it was quite a not bad one! We sisters definitely have different tastes lar...
Yes Man is actually not the typical Jim Carrey kinda comedy. In fact, I wouldn't call it comedy. It's like quite a lesson of life to its audience. Something about how to say 'yes' or 'no' in your life accurately. There are tits and bits of the oh-so-fake Jim Carrey funny stunts, but overall, it's quite a serious movie. I really enjoyed it!
Jim Carrey is definitely still the man! Although... He looks so much older now! Maybe he should put on some weight. I also like the main actress, Zooey Deschanel (the same main girl in The Happening), she is pretty and cool!

Still can't wait to watch Australia!!!

No comments: