Friday, May 15, 2009

Let's go back to Taiping again!

Dear Bunny a.k.a Pat Wong... This is a blog post about super duper delicious food. So if you are reading this now, please make sure it's not midnight, or make sure you have food at your side to eat, just in case you feel hungry after reading this... Kakakaka...
Well, same goes to you all too, my dear readers! Hehehehe... :p
Okay! First of all, the entree! A picture of me having my Leng Chee Kang a.k.a 四果汤at Larut Matang!It's me lar! Not any other kids, okay?
Hahaha... I don't know, Ducum said this picture looks so cute and she likes this picture very much! And my mum actually thought the person in the picture was a 'gee na'(in Hokkien, meaning a kid lar)! So I just post it up lar, since somehow I look like a kid, kakakaka...
Okay lar, back to the serious business. My trip back to Taiping last weekend was as usual, a trip for me to 'stuff food into my mouth', in Uncle Yip's term. We go out to have our favourite food everyday, from breakfast, lunch, sometimes dinner and supper! The food are not only yummy, but also bloody CHEAP!!!
Chee Cheong Fun @ Siang Malam
The night we arrived, we went to Siang Malam for supper. Believe it or not, that was the first time I had any meal at Siang Malam, the place which is always crowded, especially at night. Among all the food we had, Ducum and I just fell in love 'crazily' with the Chee Cheong Fun! I was never a fan of Chee Cheong Fun with the red sauce, I in stead fancy KL's Chee Cheong Fun with Yong Tou Fu and curry gravy. But this one is totally different! The taste is just nice, the Chee Cheong Fun was smooth, and!!!! The homemade fried onion! You won't believe it, Ducum never liked fried onion, except for this one!Aiyor~I feel so hungry liao lar~~~~!!!
That was a picture taken by Ducum after I came back to KL. We actually spent a few night going over there for a second time before returning to KL, but found it closed all the time! And Ducum finally found the stall only open late at night, like about 9 something to 10pm! There were already people queing up waiting for it to open! Ducum said the yam cake is also very nice!
Ah~ I just can't wait any longer to go back to Taiping to have it the second time!!!
The only down side was, it is RM2 per plate, considered quite expensive for Taiping food, I mean snack. With RM2, you should already be able to have a bowl of yummy noodles!

Noodles @ Kamunting
Yes, I'm talking about the RM2 noodles in Kamunting!
It's been one of my favourite since I was really really young. Back then it was just a stall by the side of some shops. I bet it was selling only at about a few cents then. I was so surprised when I found it was only RM1.50 when I first came back from Perth! Although it has now gone up to RM2, it's still unbelievably CHEAP!
They sell noodles with clear soup, curry and our favourite, dry curry! The special sambal and sambal prawns they make is just... Ah... SUPER DUPER GOOD!!! I'm not finish yet, they have homemade cysantimum tea and red bean soup at RM0.30 per glass or bowl! Drinks are self-service, so well, you can refil too!Ooooohhhh~~~! Believe me, it's not only good to look at, but bloody nice to eat!
There you can recognize this shop lar, becuase they have no signboard or whatsover.
The shop doesn't have a name, or even a sign board. So I can only tell you it's somewhere near the Kamunting Mosque. The other option is, call me and I'll bring you there! Haha! And they only open from morning till noon, sometimes even earlier, if all noodles are gone.

Ipoh Hor Fun @ Kakak Restaurant
This one... Also something I eat growing up! To be accurate, I'm the third generation of the family to be still their loyal costumers. I was actually a very good friend of the daughter of the boss there and actually used to hang-out at the shop in the afternoon when they are closed and play selling noodles there! Ha~ Such sweet memory...Kakak Ipoh Hor Fun with my favourite chili oil! Nice!
Tau Geh as side order, too bad lar, we went late that day, so no chicken feet for us.
To be honest, the Hor Fun isn't so the 'Ipoh', but we are just used to it liao. The price is also not as cheap as other food in Taiping, it's like RM2.70 or RM2.80 (ha, still very cheap if compared to KL), but that is just because they are kinda 'branded' restaurant in Taiping. Mine you, every weekend, the restaurant would be full and you have to wait for tables! My personal favourite are the chili oil, their special chicken feet and chicken blood, which is only available if you go early!

Food Fest @ Larut Matang
At Kakak, I don't normally fancy their Tau Geh Chicken (芽菜鸡). For really nice and smooth chicken, you should always go to Larut Matang, stall number 47. The chicken is bloody yummy I love it like crazy! Best sliced chicken on earth!!!
The other thing you probably can only find in Taiping is the fish ball fried noodles! I know it's oily lar, but can't help, still love it! I don't eat fried noodles like this in KL that much anywayz. My mum prefers the one at stall 78. Also, at stall 77, is the Larut Matang O Chean, yea, the one XT loves a lot. I reckon it's quite nice, they use more eggs in stead of whole load of flour. But then the oysters are just too little and definitely too small! The Fish Ball Fried Noodles and O Chean~!
I also have here the normal Fried Kuay Teow I don't know which stall it came from. But that isn't my favourite Fried Kuay Teow in Taiping lor.Fried Kuay Teow with 'See Ham'!
Finally, not to forget, the Peanut Soup! My dad asked me to introduce this because he said only Taiping has it! Yup, and I actually think only Larut Matang has it! The Peanut Soup is at stall number 40. This is something I always like, and my aunties from KL would always come and Ta Bao everytime they are in Taiping. Selling at only RM1.20, this is a must try dessert in Taiping! Yummy, yummy Peanut Soup from Larut Matang!
Ah, I missed the Mee Rebus (the morning stall) that day, because they were closed. But I can tell you, that is the best ever Mee Rebus I've ever had!!! EVER!!!
Okay okay... Now you can go off and get some food for yourself! Hehehehe...

15 comments:

LayJinG said...

Wow... why my fren never bring me try eh? ban! haha....

ShiRLeXia said...

Which one? Which one?
Next time I can bring you there lar! :)

小彭 said...

hihi~你是之前我有逛过的小笼包部落,还是另一个小笼包呀?

我不确定呢。。似乎有来阅读过。。
你好你好!

ShiRLeXia said...

你好啊~!欢迎你啦~!
我不知道你是谁耶.....

Bunny said...

*droool* hehehe so nice of u to mention me eh~
hahaha~
ohwell, when i saw the first line, i jus realize it's 9pm, so.. ltr i gonna have supper :P ah, i wanna eat too *droool*

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea lor, now you are going to be famous among my readers liao! :p
I also just came back from steamboat buffet! :)

Bunny said...

BUFFET~~ *(眼睛發亮) oh i loooooove buffet XB aish, you always eat one lah, tempted liao, oh no =.= now midnight =.= luckily i just now eat full liao

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea... But the buffet ok-ok only... But that was actually for work lar, for my food review writing stuff.

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

The Kamunting's noodles very nice rite? I jz had it not long ago with OpPa and Ben.Hehehee...

Ur blog always make me hungry.....>_<

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea, the noodles was already my favourite since I was a kid!
And don't always Oppa lar... So geli man!

小彭 said...

嗯嗯,不要紧,应该是认错包子了 ^^

anyway,你好呀

ShiRLeXia said...

小彭,你好啊!:)
我有看到你的blog,还是想不到我怎么认识你?是蔡可立粉丝吗???

viviantan-yan said...

ehm...yummy..
ha,i can have all of them when i want!!hehe

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea lar yea lar...
==|||

A humble and handsomeTaiping boy. said...

Very nice blog on Taiping mate! Well done kawan.