Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Visiting Super Ah Ma & the damages...

This is a delayed post on what happened last Sunday. Well Ducum and I decided to pay Ah Ma a visit. As you see in my previous post, Ah Ma was in the hospital for an operation on her knee, but has now returned home in Taman Tun.
Visiting Ah Ma in Taman Tun that Sunday caused some pretty serious damages on me, I mean, on my belly and wallet... :'( From the stupid taxi fare (gosh I hate KL taxis), till non-stop eating the entire day.... Phew~
Anywayz, we started the day at KFC. It was of course Ducum's first breakfast experience at KFC! If you haven't know, she is famous for sleeping during day time, so it's not surprising that she doesn't know there is such thing as 'Big Breakfast' at McD, and hasn't try any of the KFC breakfast! So we ordered two sets of breakies, and one chicken porridge ala carte.
Chicken porridge at KFC, not too bad actually...
The burger (both of us cannot remember the name) might be small, but still very filling!
Ooooohhhh... Here comes my favourite A.M. Twister! Random pic of me having my morning tea...
I always love my A.M Twister at KFC, it has chicken, hash brown, egg, tomato and mayo. I love it like it's better than any other breakfast you get in McD! Trust me, you should try it whenever you have a chance! As for the porridge, it's not too bad, but I can make better one. :p The burger? Ask Ducum...
So off we went to see Ah Ma!
Ah Ma looks really good hey! Ducum was so amazed at how long the doctor had cut over her knee! Looks so bloody painful man! Especially when Ah Ma has already started walking with the specially made walking... Stick? Nah, those big one ler, with four legs that you can push ahead of you one. Really cannot stand her man, keep walking here and there, everything also must go and take herself, it's scary looking at her like that! Well but anywayz, doctor's advise is for her to walk more lar! Ouchhhhhh~Looks so painful I didn't even dare to touch!Super Ah Ma looking really good after just about a week after the whole major operation!
And when she saw the ice-cream potong, she didn't want to miss it although she probably shouldn't be eating that! See how happy she was with the ice-cream!
So we were there for lunch with her, then helped her make the Ginkgo Barley dessert then eat them all, had some short chat with 2e, 4e and Mike, then had Bak Chang... Eating non-stop lar~!!! But it was good to see Ah Ma looking so healthy, despite some cough. But she is alright! :)
We left the house at around 6pm and headed to The Curve for dinner. It was a Vietnamese restaurant called Pho Hoa, which I've been dying to go since reading the review of KY. Since leaving Perth, I've been looking for some real tasty Vietnamese food, but so far nothing really satisfies me yet. So what about Pho Hoa?
The restaurant is quite small and compact. I think it's near this Teh Tarik Cafe. Ducum went for the Pho Tai, Chin Nac (whatever it is, read it from the picture of the menu, as below), while I went for the most adventurous one (according to the menu)--Pho Tai, Chin Nac, Nam, Gan, Sach. My target was to have the Pho with loads of beef tendon and all that kinda stuff that you don't normally get in Vietnamese restaurants here, that's why whatever lar, even if it sounds like there is a 'gun' in it, I'll take it!To make it easy, Ducum's one was P3!
Mine was T3, the most adventurous pick! Yay~!
Oooohhh... See my noodles with 'gun' is here!
Ducum's T3... I reckon those are the Brisket...
Noodles comes with the really nice chili paste and basil leaves, mint and absolutely fresh taugeh.
Summer Roll... Ahhh... I missed those in Northbridge!!!
I love the soup a lot, it has just the right taste I'm looking for. And the Tai, Chin Nac, Nam, Gan, etc, all very nice too! The only thing I don't like is the Pho actually. I still prefer it with the thin hor fun I normally get. Anywayz, the regular size Pho was really filling! I love the chili paste they served too, I think it has lemon and lemongrass in it that gives it a really nice frangrance. It tastes really different! Another very important thing in Veitnamese food (well at least to me) is the summer roll. But the ones at Pho Hoa, I must say,was a letdown. It's a bit too dry it tasted like everything is straight from the fridge or something... I can even say they are the worst summer roll I'd ever had. :(Shirlexia with her very satisfied face...
Ah... Ok, Ducum wins this round... Can't beat that.
We asked Jan Yi, our funny cousin sister to join us, but she didn't want to let me take picture of her. The uncle at the back, in stead was so excited he posed like a 'cool guy'! Eh, uncle, go back to your Tesco and work lar~!
The mural at Pho Hoa gave me lots of creative idea... Don't you think the girl in pink colour singlet looks like 林熙蕾?And this is what I can think of here...
‘林熙蕾’: (with a devil looking face) Nah, eat faster lar, poison you first, so that you won't cry all the time!
How come the mum & daughter at the side can still be so happy? Report balai lar oi!

And then off we went for a little walk to sort of digest a bit. Wah~Damn fulled by the time I finish the noodles and almost all the summer rolls (because Ducum doesn't like it after having her first and only peice, and I don't waste food)! And came another damage! Shoes!!! For your info, I bought 4 pairs of shoes last week, including the two I got from The Curve! Ok lar, they are all cheap ones, but still... I simply have too many shoes I should stop buying more! Control me~! Two pairs of shoes from Vincci, RM72! And they are green! How can I ressist them?
And then I lost my voice for about two days. Yesterday it got better but then I sounded like Ah Du, the Singaporean singer... Ta yi ding hen ai ni~~~~ I'm better lar today, so thanks a lot to everyone who came by and show your concern! I very appreciate them very much! :)

2 comments:

viviantan-yan said...

哈!我们的阿嬷看起来真的恢复得很快!
那我就放心了!

ShiRLeXia said...

那你什么时候要来看她呀???