Let me see... In Japanese it should be called Tamago Ebi Curry Don? Or Ebi Tamago Curry Don? Or maybe just Ebi Curry Don?
Anywayz, I got the idea from Hayley's friend Yan. Hi Yan, I just happened to stumble upon your blog and saw your yummy Japanese Curry Omelet and kinda curi your recipe! I hope you don't mind. :)
Well, I modified it a bit. Since the bf's cute mum gave me whole loads of prawns the last trip she came to KL, I put them in to make prawn omelet. Oh yea, part of the idea also came from the bf since he always love the Ebi Don and Ebi Tempura Don at Sushi Zanmai, which is quite the same thing, only without the curry. And for the Japanese Curry, I followed the method on the box in stead of Yan's way of making it.
So here we go~~~
What you need for the curry...Japanese Curry Mix of course, they come in block, like chocolate bars. And some chopped onions, carrots and potatoes.
1. Simmer the onions in a pot until they are brownish.
2. Then add in the carrots and potatoes and stir fry them for maybe around 5 minutes.3. Add in water. It says 5 cups of water on the box, but I didn't calculate how much I've poured into the pot.4. Let it boil until the carrots and potatoes are cooked and tender.
5. Switch off the fire and break the curry block and put it into the water. 6. Then turn on the fire to medium heat and stir them until the curry thicken. And that's it!
For the Prawn Omelet...Very simple lar, chopped onions, some prawns and 3 eggs beaten with pepper to taste.
To cook it, it's even easier!
1. Simmer the onions on a pan until they are brownish. 2. Then add in the prawns. *Tips from my mum long time ago when I saw her cooking when I was young... put some salt on top of the prawns before dumping them into hot oil. That will avoid oil from popping up from the pan because of the water from the prawns (because the prawns were previously frozen so there sure will be some water).3. Stir fry the prawns until they are cook and add in the egg.
4. Fry the egg without burning them. And you are done! Tada!!! I always love omelet with prawns! A look at them you already know its gonna be yummilicious~!
Next thing you do is, with some rice in a bowl or on a plate, put the omelet over it and pour the curry on top of them! I think the curry was a bit too watery, other than that it was another success! :D
Trying out new dishes is fun and that was a nice one! :D
And that was our yummy dinner yesterday before we headed out for a movie!
Bonus pic:My dear took this pic with his iPhone for me. That very pretty dress I got from Tee Too is so cute and fashionable! Absolutely love the details around the neck and the sleeves! It has got all the latest trend on it... Although yea you might not be able to see the details from this pic. :p