Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My New Year...

So how was you new year and the long weekend?

Well as usual, I didn't send myself into those crazy countdown crowd in the city but I must admit I had quite a crazy day out with Karen on new year's eve. It was just quite a normal catch-up with food and movies and we bought ourselves some crazy (can be useless) stuff like...I know! I'm not even a kitty fan but these glasses are just too cute to resist!!! I can't help but bought 3 pairs of them but if I have more money to spend I'll probably buy more lor!!! Ish cute gila babi!!!
You know, sometimes you really need friends whom you would just do crazy stuff together, who will not say no to you when you ask "should I buy this? Even if I won't really use it?", friends who listen to you mumble about life, even if that means very private stuff... And we cried and laughed together too that day... At the cinema...
Okay, let's prepare our hearts for the following movie review... :p

New Year's Eve
Yeap, we actually watched New Year's Eve on a new year's eve and I'm very glad that I watched it on that day too cos it made me think and reflect on life and got myself excited and prepared for the brand new year!
Like Valentine's Day (which is also from the same director), the movie is made up of a few different stories. It is somewhat very cliche but I actually like this one more than Valentine's Day. I think the reason is simple, because this is not just a romance movie with some very cheesy until you beh tahan's lines and scenes. New Year's Eve does have some love stories, but there are also stories which reminds you of your mum, your dad and how you should open yourself up more and try new things! I definitely love the whole idea! I mean, although it is not a very fantastic movie, but I'm loving the idea and the messages it carries!
In fact, my favourite story has to be the Zac Efron and Michelle Pfeiffer's part where the latter played a middle-aged woman who just decided to be rebellious in her life and complete a whole list of new year resolutions before the new year comes and Zac Efron helped her in completing the task! My least favourite? The Ashton Kutcher and Lea Michelle's part. It's just a bit too cheesy and... And... I don't know, maybe it's just because I never liked her singing, thus I'm annoyed whenever she sings and she has to sing from Glee to New Year's Eve! *Truly annoyed~*
I am super glad to see Russell Peters in the movie but why did they leave him out of the poster? Bloody hell! And Sofia Vergara is funny in the movie!
While I leave it to you to decide whether to watch this movie, which I personally think is entertaining, I shall leave you a quote, or a speech to be exact from the movie, which is definitely the most unforgettable moment of the movie and has surely inspired me to be a better person (although I know I'm nice already... Ah hem...).

"It's suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the New Year, to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps - our promises made, and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures - or closed ourselves down, for fear of getting hurt. Because that's what New Year's is all about: getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And stop worrying about 'what if' and start embracing what would be. So when that ball drops at midnight - and it will drop - let's remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight but all year long."~Claire Morgan (Hillary Swank) gives this heartfelt speech when the famed ball in Times Square has a bit of a malfunction.

Of course I spent the new year's eve at home with Deardo and his dad drinking beer, eating peanuts and Thai Durian Chips as the countdown and fireworks happened outside...Seriously can't live without the glasses eh?

And on the next next day, I got myself a new year gift!!!Which one do you like? Black frame? White frame?
I'm loving the book, Two Asian Kitchens by Adam Liaw so much that only by flipping through the book I'm already so inspired to cook and to be creative in my cooking! Yumzzzz... Can't wait to try out some of the recipes! :D

I hope you had a good new year celebration too! Be prepared, 2012 is certainly going to be a GOOD one!!!
Cheers~! :D

4 comments:

H@naKo said...

white one! but the book looks more interesting than your kitty specs eh!!!

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea! The book is interesting, very interesting!

Yannie said...

Shirlexia, you New Year and Christmas were all wisely spent with your loved ones. You are such a cheerful person. Keep it up.

ShiRLeXia said...

Hey Yan! Thanks!
Have a good year ahead too!