Monday, November 24, 2008

A Sunday with Excitement & Food!

It was supposed to be a Sunday with a reunion of me, Yve Vonn and Ally who just came back from England... Until Yve Vonn told me she has A1 GP free tickets. Then Ally refused to go and we had to ffk Ally(I'm sorry, again!:p) and go to the race with her sister Yve Wei and also Xiao Luo, the driver of the day.
Yve Vonn really knows me lor... She knew that I would jump at the opportunity to watch the race! You see, I became a sport fan at the age of 12, then came the 98 Commonwealth Games and the 2001 SEA Games in KL which I had to miss just because I was still in school back in Taiping. I was so bloody excited when I got to go to Bukit Jalil National Stadium when I was in college. It was like a dream come true!!!
Then came Sepang I think somewhere in 1999. I remember 4e once asked me to join her and Uncle Mike to the race when my favourite F1 driver, Michael Schumacher was still in the race. But I couldn't ALSO BECUASE I WAS IN TAIPING!!! So bloody frustrating man!!!
So yea, although it wasn't F1 (yet), I was still very excited to visit the Sepang circuit for the very first time in my life!
Yaaaa~~~~ Hooooo~~~
Ohyeah... Here I am, at the Sepang International Circuit!
With the three persons I went with...
Very amazing design, I must say... So proud of Sepang!
Eh, don't be like that lar... I know you guys are sick of going over there for whatever reasons except for watching car racing... I don't drive mah... And I actually spend so little time in KL, what do you expect? Just let me syok a bit, tak boleh kah???:pYou also see cool sport cars like this all over the place!This one is cute! Martini Porsche? Car's name or drink's name?
Another two which were showcased at Sepang.
My favourite one! Its yellow colour!!! SO CUTE~~~!!!
Anywayz, I think I didn't get to see the entire circuit very well. Although, it always looks so nice on TV! But being there itself was exciting enough! We were quite on time as when we finally found the right spot to watch the race, they were just starting! And so... I got to see the grand flag off of the race!!! OMG! I can't tell you how excited I was!!! I wanted to jump up-and-down man!!!Ready, get set, go!!! Vrrrrrrrroooommmmm... The flag-off and the exciting sound of the engine!!!
You must be guessing what was happening? Those people just ran away from one side to the other to catch the cars!
Of course, Yve Vonn, Yve Wei and Xiao Luo didn't know much about A1. Look, no one can tell what does 'A1' stands for! Erm... Actually neither do I! I'm sorry, it's such a shame for someone who was a sport reporter, right? And then I told them, look, I know who's the Malaysian driver, his name is Fairuz something, I think he is pretty good? Anywayz, because his car is so yellow with a "Visit Malaysia" logo on it, nobody wouldn't not recognize it, ok? He started well, from 4th place he went up to 3rd place, and everyone was cheering for him, including us. And Yve Voon and Yve Wei was of course starting to get interested with this fellar. Yve Vonn said parents brought their kids to the race to train them sleep even with a noisy atmosphere! Wow, what a good idea! Okay, look, I had a swollen left eye, so thats why I look weird.
Yve Vonn and me having fun at the race!
Malaysia's very own Fairuz at the pit stop...
And then... A miscommunication led Fairuz into pit stop and he got chased away by the crew right away!!! We were like... WTF??? Because of that, he dropped to the last. But as good as we didn't expect, he slowly catch up with the others and made himself up to 10th place when the race finished! It was so exciting seeing him cutting the other cars one-by-one! We were amazed, honestly! Fairuz Fauzy is really NOT BAD!!! By the end of the race, Yve Wei kept asking me how does he look like? How old is he? And of course, needless to say, he is rich! Okay, here you go, go to his website to see for yourself. Oh yea, very sad to tell Yve Wei, he is married... About the best looking picture of Fairuz Fauzy.
So... Although it was only A1, I'm very very excited and thankful that I actually decided to go! Looking forward for my chances to watch F1 and Moto GP in the future! Anyone? Free tickets??? Cheap tickets???
Then since we were at Sepang, we decided we should go straight to Seremban for dinner! For what??? Fish Head Meehoon(鱼头米粉)!!! It was Liong Kee Restaurant, which is pretty famous and was on Yve Vonn's show before. Liong Kee Restaurant at Seremban!
Hmmmm... I think the Fish Head Meehoon is a bit different from the ordinary ones that we have. They don't put tomatoes or salted vege, etc. It's just noodles, fish, Choy Sam! But the unique part is the soup! They put lots of pepper and it makes it so damn spicy! Still we all drank it all because it's always tastier when it is spicy, right? My personal favourite is their homemade fish balls! I'm not really a fan of fish balls actually, but when you make it yourself, it's different! We also had the Yong Gai Yik (chicken wings). It's like Yong Tou Fu, but they put the paste onto the chicken wings and deep fried it. I thought it was not bad, just that I really prefer it maybe BBQ or other healthier way of cooking.The Fish Head Meehoon at Liong Kee... Strictly for those who can take spicy food!
The super duper yummy homemade fish balls!
The very famous and special Yong Chicken Wing!
And then... Wow! It was already 10 something when I reached home! But what a day full of excitement and good food! Hmmm~~~ Yummy!!! So thanks again to the people (ya know who I'm talking about, huh?) for giving me my first Sepang experience! LOVE IT!!!

2 comments:

diaLoG wiTh tH3 c@t said...

wow...wat a cool experince =))
and the food is drooling me

ShiRLeXia said...

Oh yeah! I love the experience!
And the Yu Tao Mai is good, very chi gek eating it!