Friday, May 31, 2013

Now You See Me

Now You See Me
I was lucky enough to win a pair of tickets to the preview of the movie and watched it before anyone else get to see it and I'm very excited to share this review!

Cast: Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Melanie Laurent, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman
Director: Louis Leterrier
Synopsis: Some magicians got really famous with their shows but it became a bit of a chaos as they went into robbing bank and all kinda crimes. As FBI go after them, another guy Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman) joined the run to ruin them as he has a show which reveals magic tricks.
The Thumb-Up(s): I really enjoyed the movie, from beginning right till the end. The not-so-logic magic performances, the actions and the final twist in the end of the story... I can't help but scream MAN, THIS IS SUCH A COOL MOVIE! 
I'm not sure about the editing, but cinematography wise, to me at least, was pretty impressive.
Apart from being entertaining, the movie has a whole group of good actors and actresses! I personally love Mark Ruffalo's performance in the movie a lot. And of course, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman too! Although I wish that somebody else who looks younger and more playful (maybe Jennifer Lawrence) would have played the role of Henley Reeves (Isla Fisher) better but Isla wasn't too bad either.
The Thumb-Down(s): Putting that much of focus on the performances, special effects and actions means the focus on each character has been sadly, cut down. Except for Mark Ruffalo, the rest of the cast didn't get much of a chance to really act, if you get what I mean.
Verdict: Brilliant movie with non-stop action that you will be hooked to it all the time just to find out what's next. I love it and I think this is by far the best summer movie I've watched this year. Well I haven't watch Fast 6 yet so yea, so far.
4.5 out of 5.

2 comments:

LayJinG said...

Wah.. 4.5 out of 5?! Really?

ShiRLeXia said...

Well just to let you know, my other half didn't agree with me that much lar! He said 3 out of 5. So that was just my personal opinion. :)