Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Best Prawn Noodles @ Kedai Kopi Dan Minuman Fatt Fatt, TTDI

Not too long ago when I was visiting Ah Ma at Taman Tun, 2e went tapao lunch for her and asked me to share some of the food. That was when I tasted this Prawn Noodles, which is in my opinion probably the best one I've ever tried so far in my life! Oddly enough, it is not really those famous ones that people will recommend, found in a very ordinary kopitiam too!
I've been to this kopitiam like countless times when I was younger (was staying at Ah Ma's place when I was doing my internship back then) but normally for their economic fried noodles and Yong Tau Fu, which is still there. But little did I know that the stall at the front of the shop sells such yummy Prawn Noodles!
My bowl of precious prawn noodles!!! Yumzzz...
Extra prawn paste to give the extra awesomeness...
Clearly, the most important part of a bowl of Prawn Noodles is the soup! And this one here scored with its super thick and flavourful soup and I think it's because of one reason - they use mini dried prawns to cook it, I mean you can literally see the little prawns in your bowl of noodles! OMG super awesome~!!! Best of all, their 'sambal' given to you separately is also the same paste, with loads of those mini dried prawns. So if you need more of the kick, just add more of the paste! Damn syok I can assure you that! 
The ingredients - pork slices, prawns and Kangkung are always pretty fresh too!
Just a closer look to the mini dried prawns... ZOMG I'm salivating already looking at this photo!
Perhaps the only complain I have is that they tend to overcook the noodles so they are always a bit too soft for my liking. That's a personal preference though because Deardo doesn't have any problem with that. :)
The Yong Tau Fu brings back a lot of memories...
Urghhh... Me looking awful and fat. Please look at the noodles or the barley, not me.
The noodles costs RM5 for a small one and RM6 for a big one.
Ever since we found out about this awesome Prawn Noodles, we have been visiting the place almost once or twice a month, normally on a weekend for brunch. In fact, we just went last Saturday! The best thing is, after the brunch, we can just walk to the opposite shoplots for a cup of coffee at Artisan! How convenient is that!
Drooling yet? YOU REALLY SHOULD TRY THIS ONE OUT! 

Kedai Kopi Dan Minuman Fatt Fatt
169, Jalan Aminuddin Baki,
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail,
Kuala Lumpur
(Opposite Peruvie)

No comments: