Friday, April 3, 2015

Nope, We didn't have Dessert @ Franco, The Curve

Like I mentioned earlier, after the maternity shoot, I gave Lea and Jason, my helpful photographers a lunch treat. Urm, perhaps a very late lunch at around 3pm at Franco (formerly known as Miam Miam) at their outlet in The Curve.
I've previously been to Miam Miam just for a coffee and was reluctant to pay so much for dessert but since it was a treat, and honestly, was hungry till the max at 3pm that day I couldn't care much about the pricing! So let's just dig in!
Minestrone Soup, RM11.
I had a Minestrone Soup as starter and I thought while it wasn't too bad, it wasn't fantastic either. Love the toast that comes with it though! :)
Riz Au Curry, RM26.80.
Spaghetti Yumeina, RM26.80
My main was Riz Au Curry, which was basically baked rice with sausages, some minced beef if I'm not mistaken, Japanese curry and cheese with an egg on top. Again, it was decent, but you will probably feel a bit 'muak' half way through trying to finish the dish. Lea and Jason both had the Spaghetti Yumeina, which I tried and was convinced that it was a better dish than my Riz Au Curry. It was lightly seasoned, has a good balance of vegetables, mushrooms and meat and with those roasted sesame as topping, the dish is pretty interesting and yummy! 
Hot Cafe Au Lait, RM8.80.
Peanut Butter with Banana Milkshake, RM13.80.
Matcha Smoothie, RM13.80.
Drinks were okay, but Lea definitely isn't a fan of the Hot Cafe Au Lait but I do remember loving the iced version the last time I had it!
Very tired-looking bunch... And my heavy make-up! :p
Okay so what makes the cafe/restaurant so damn famous with queue all the time just to enter their outlet, especially the one at 1 Utama? Perhaps the desserts, which are around the prices of the main dishes here and I have yet to try? Based on the food and drinks we had that day, I don't think they are worth the price, really. With the additional 16%, I paid RM148.25 and yeah, to me it doesn't really tally with the quality of food.
Perhaps their desserts taste better?

Franco
Lot G49, Ground Floor,
The Curve,
No. 6, Jalan PJU 7/3,
Mutiara Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-7732 7623

No comments: