Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cool Easter Lunch @ Canoodling, Bangsar Village 2

As I've said earlier, Papo, Mamo and Vivian were in town over the Easter weekend. The previous post talks about our breakfast while this one is about our freaking cool lunch at Canoodling. It was a place which I've been looking forward to try for a while but I thought it would be good to let my family try something new too, so there we went! :)Very eye-catching entrance hey?
Also under the company called BIG, which also has Ben's under their belt, Canoodling has a very unique deco. I mean, I don't need to say much, I bet you will be very impressed by the pictures themselves. Don't hold yourself back, just say it out, WOW~!
I especially love the way they use some cookwares and the table lamp on the ceiling as their deco. And oh! Love it that they give you a chance to explore your drawing skills too! Every table has some big pieces of paper and crayons for you to play with! That is to me, simply COOL! Artists showing off their skills!
Judging from the name of the restaurant, it is easy to guess that they sell noodles! Their other selling point is all noodles are under RM9.90! Oh come on, that is such reasonable price! Especially in Bangsar!!! Very nice picture of Papo and Mamo!
Us being us...
Now here are what we had that afternoon...Yam Woon Sen or Thai Glass Noodles Salad. RM8.90.
Eggplant Sticks. RM4.90.
Salt & Pepper Squid. RM6.90.
Thai Laksa. RM9.90. Okay, all other noodles are at the same price...
Green Curry Chicken Noodles.
Beef Noodles.
Penang Prawn Noodles.
Dan Dan Mien.
Tom Yam Mee Hoon, unfortunately was the one not-so-awesome.
I tried all noodles and I must say I love all of them except for maybe the Tom Yam Mee Hoon. The beef noodles was surprisingly very good, especially the soup! The Thai Laksa has so much of fish and the soup was awesome too! The Green Curry Chicken Noodles has very flavourful and thick curry gravy and the chicken were all chicken thigh! The Penang Prawns noodles were pretty nice too although you don't get pork and pork lart in it. And though the Dan Dan Mien doesn't look and taste like the real one, the generous amount of peanuts basically made it damn yummy!Say Canoodling~~~!!!
We also enjoyed all side dishes we ordered too! And man they are cheap for that kinda portion! I hope they stay being so generous though! :pDucum shows you who is the real designer/artist.
My favourite things~! :D
Deardo Wong's drawing tells how much he understand me! :p
Canoodling surprised me a lot! I went there expecting only the restaurant being cute and cool but the food are definitely impressive! And paying RM106 for that sumptious lunch was a bit unbelievable! I really can see myself visiting this restaurant again and again! :)

4 comments:

LayJinG said...

Oh... special restaurant! and the drawing is cool! Creative!

ShiRLeXia said...

Yeap! Really love it!

rainbow mushroom said...

definitely a good pick at that price in that area :)

ShiRLeXia said...

Oh yeah~! :D