Tuesday, April 5, 2011

World Invation, Battle: Los Angeles

It's another movie that is definitely not my cup of tea but I watched it anywayz because of Deardo Wong...
It's obviously another alien-storylined movie, but with a little tweak. Using US Marine as the background persons, from their own stories, up till how they go to war--to fight the aliens. I don't know, I don't watch a lot of alien movies, but at least I think this is such a fresh idea! As compared to Skyline, the entire storyline is pretty cool, no longer those cliche and stupid love story formed in an alien-themed movie and! Thank god! No crappy acting too!
It's an action packed movie which looks more like a war movie rather than an alien movie. Like you are watching Black Hawk Down or something, only this one you see the marines fighting alien, not human. It talks about teamwork and all that, like duh, so not an alien movie lor. I'm not going to talk about the technical stuff because duh I'm not a fan of alien movie effects, or even war movie effects. It is kan cheong and not as gross as those typical alien movies that love to showcase the grossness of the aliens...
So yea, not too bad a movie, surprisingly! :)

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Not sure about you but I like this movie! Something like Transformer, full with action and bombing and gun shooting~ ;)

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea it was better than expected! :)