Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Not bad lunch @ Taiping Mali, Puchong

We were in Puchong the other day for some official matters and decided to give this restaurant a try.Honestly, coming from Taiping myself, I don't have much confidence with the food served in the restaurant. It's like you'll never really find a stall in KL selling Penang Fried Koay Teow as good as the real ones in Penang! So to be on the safe side, I ordered a normal Fried Bihun with Curry Chicken while Deardo ordered the Mee Rebus. I also ordered the Otak-otak to try.We call this 'Hu Bao' in Taiping!
Taiping-styled Mee Rebus.
Fried Bihun with Curry Chicken.
Unfortunately, I made the wrong choice. The Fried Bihun was just so-s0 and oh gosh, the portion was just too big for me! To my surprise, the Mee Rebus was nice! I mean, it really tastes quite the same as the one we have at Larut Matang! Totally unbelievable! I thought I can never find the same Mee Rebus anywhere else! Thumb-up for that! Well of course, the crispy crackers weren't as good as the one at Larut Matang! The Otak-otak was actually quite worth the price (sorry I forgot how much was it, probably around RM3.50) with quite some fish and prawn meat in it. But texture wise, can be improved! Oh man I missed Super Ah Ma's Otak-otak!!! :(Trying VERY HARD to finish my meal...
Taiping Mali also serve the Kunyit Glutinous Rice with Curry Chicken which I really missed but yea, control!!! I think the food at the restaurant are generally good, but the restaurant needs some hype to bring more customers!

Check out my earlier post on yummy food in Taiping!

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Come back Taiping to have the original Taiping food! :P

ShiRLeXia said...

Aaaahhh... I hope so!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ShiRLeXia said...

Haha Lijing you're funny on that ang tao ga!!!
Yeap I saw the chee cheong fun and yes I forgot to mention in my blog i'm so going to try that next time!