Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Some other Coffee Places

As time past, I've become more and more picky and critical about coffee. Like any other Malaysians, I love my coffee to be 'kaw' although I still can't put myself into drinking black coffee. Also, I'm officially a coffee lover who doesn't add sugar into my drink anymore... Unless if the coffee is yucky. 
We've tried out some coffee places and I think it's only fair if I share a some of my reviews of those worth going. Interestingly, compared to the last time I blogged about cafes, the cafes this time around all have only one shop, expansion might be in progress? I'm not sure.

Lewis Gene
Location: 2-1, Jalan Solaris 3, Solaris Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur
The Coffee: Tried their normal latte and it was not too bad at all. I mean, it wasn't fantastic but it was one of the better ones. What I like about them is that you'll probably find them having one of the most comprehensive menu of all! They have all kinda flavours, including those with liquors such ah Kahlua and Bailey's, pretty fun right? I didn't try that night but one day, that will be something I would like to try. Coffee aside, the cafe serves a variety of cakes and waffles of many flavours! I couldn't help but ordered a waffle with the chocolate chip base and it was superbly awesome (although super fattening)!!! :)
The Atmosphere: We went there on a weekend night and the cafe was fully packed! It is a small cafe and with so many people in it at one go simply means you won't be able to enjoy your cuppa with your mates because it will just be way too noisy. Door to smoking area is often left open pulling in annoying smells and I totally hate that.
The Price: Definitely on a higher range.
Verdict: Great place to try out coffee with a twist and some dangerously delicious waffles. 3 out of 5.

Flat White
Location: 73, Jalan SS15/8a, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
The Coffee: In my opinion, the coffee bean used here are slightly milder to the 'kaw'-ness I usually like. The aroma however, is there hence it's still not too bad. Been there a few times and find the latte and flat white pretty nice but Mocha a bit too sweet. They also serve hot food and that's a big plus point to me. Tze Yang and I shared their American Breakfast and it was quite satisfying, especially the nicely done fluffy scrambled eggs! Ooooohhh... Yumzzz...
The Atmosphere: Again, it's a small and compact upstairs cafe. When you are there with lesser crowd, it can be very comfy but when it's crowded it's gonna ruin your coffee date. I especially love their choice of music, pretty unique and interesting. 
The Price: Medium range.
Verdict: Totally worth trying but my advice is to go there during odd hours for comfy's sake and also easier for you to find a car park space, unless if it's walking distance from your house. Food are impressive too. 4 out of 5

Cosans Coffee
Location: No. 30, Jalan SS15/4, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor
The Coffee: Honestly, I think their coffee taste quite normal, almost like what you get at Starbucks or Coffee Bean. In fact, just like the big names, there are choices for the size of your beverages!
The Atmosphere: They spent  A LOT OF MONEY on their renovations, decorations and furniture. Those neon lights with vintagy concept glass windows and those uber cool yet comfortable chairs! Perfect place for those who want to hang out for a long while or perhaps do photoshoot?
The Price: On a higher range.
Verdict: Coffee is too expensive compared to the not-so-impressive coffee. But for the awesome-looking cafe, one must pay at least a visit just to experience it. 2.5 out of 5

*Purely based on personal views and preferences. :)

2 comments:

Hayley said...

You sure are a coffee lover eh?

ShiRLeXia said...

Ya lor, have been taking quite a lot of caffeine... :p