Friday, May 2, 2014

Brunch the Aussie Way @ J&D Espresso, Oasis BU11

I think I stumbled upon a nice review on J&D Espresso in some magazines or newspapers one day and decided to try it out first thing after work since it's not far away from work. Unfortunately, their FB information was not updated as they are closed at 6pm, not 8pm so I was left disappointed but went back again on the same weekend for brunch!
Situated at Oasis BU11, the area has ample free parking and isn't the usual crazy busy area like Telawi. Crowd in the cafe was okay and you don't need to wait for your table, so it's quite comfy and fuss-free as well. Service though, need a little improvement because with that little staff on duty, even ordering had to wait. 
Anyway, let's go straight to the food! 
Big Aussie Brekky, RM29.
The awesome mushroom croquette!
Gourmet Pork Burger, RM21.
Since the cafe prides themselves as an Aussies-style cafe, I went traditional and had the Big Aussie Brekky. At RM29, it is definitely not the cheapest Big Breaky in town, I was however, very happy with the plate of quality taste in almost every single item. Cherry tomatoes and the sauteed mushrooms were probably my least favourite on the plate but that was only because the rest - pork sausage, pork bacon, baked beans, scrambled eggs, sourdough bread (my favourite bread yo) and crispy mushroom croquette were super delicious! I especially love the croquette, which is something new in a big breakfast set. It was really crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside! Even typing about it made me drool a bit now! :p 
Deardo's Gourmet Pork Burger was quite satisfying too with a thick pork patty that was flavourful and about 70% juicy. I think so far, the best pork burger, in my opinion is still at Burgertory. Anyway, the burger here comes with some kinda sauce that tasted a bit like Sambal and I love that! :)
Cafe Latte, RM9.
Cappuccino, RM9.
Tasted their coffee and while they were pretty nice, they are still not as good as what I would have expected from a cafe that has 'Espresso' in their name.
Us being drama, in a very different way. 
With the extra 16% charges, the bill come up to RM78.90. Not too bad for a tummy-filling and taste bud-satisfying brunch! Definitely going back for some awesome breakfast/brunch!

J&D Espresso
G.B06, Oasis BU11,
Lebuh Bandar Utama,
Bandar Utama,
PJU 6, 47800 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor
Tel: 03-7886 9693

No comments: