I know I haven't blog about Bonjour Garden and that's because I haven't officially been there to try their food properly. But I was there for work once and was sharing this beautiful-looking Bacon & Broccoli Pasta with the boss and the colleague. The pasta turned out to be pretty awesome! It's quite a simple dish, almost like a Japanese version of Aglio Olio, which gives the dish a really nice twist!
|The original dish at Bonjour Garden.|
Here's what you need:
Spaghetti (preferably of vermicelli), plenty of chopped garlic, Nanami Togarashi/Shichimi, vegetables of your choice, salt and pepper to taste.
What to do:
1) Well if you are using broccoli and mushrooms, like me, boiled them till they are cooked. Drain and set aside.
2) Boil the pasta till al dente in oil and salt. Remember to leave some water with the pasta when you drain them off.
3) Now in a pan, simmer the garlic in pre-heated olive oil.
4) As they start to turn brownish, pour the pasta into the pan. Stir them up a little.
5) Now add the broccoli and mushrooms and stir well.
6) Quickly add in Nanami Togarashi/Shichimi according to your preferred spiciness. Then some salt and pepper to taste.
7) Oh and I added some baby spinach in the end, which needs very little cooking. And we are ready to serve the dish!
Deardo and I love it so much that we cooked it again the next day, this time with some grilled zucchini, capsicum, mushroom and baby spinach and it tasted even better! :D