Friday, May 9, 2014

What's Cooking?

Hello!
My cooking mojo has been up, up and up over the past few months. Mainly because it's much cheaper and healthier to eat at home. So whether it was a work-free day, or dinner after work, dinner on a weekend, sometimes even lunch box, I've been cooking quite a lot.
So here, I would like to share some of my cooking over the past months... Urm, let me admit beforehand that not all of them are healthy! :p

#1 
Dory Fish Porridge with some Wolfberries and a side of vegetables for a light dinner.

#2
Baby Porridge with just rice, carrot cubes and Enoki mushrooms. With a side of vegetables too of course.

#3
My #eatclean days during my short break before starting my new job. I think I will be very slim and healthy if I don't work or work at home! *wink~*

#4
Steamed Chicken with Yellow Wine, Ginger, Wolfberries and Black Fungus, Stir-Fried Broccoli for dinner. Deardo is a big fan of the Steamed Chicken! :)

#5
Pizzas night. Bought frozen pizza base and went on to create our very own pizzas - Seafood pizza and Pork Pizza. We were too ambitious though cos we put way too many ingredients, making it hard to have all the ingredients fully cooked! :p

#6
Cooked Tempe/Tempeh for the first time with some French Beans.
I've always love Tempe, a food that is originated from Indonesia if I'm not mistaken. The soy based food has been hailed as a healthy option to carbs, even the Ang Mohs are eating them now! So I got some and in stead of frying them in oil, I baked them in the oven before adding them into my French Beans dish. Simple but yummy and healthy!!! :D
Also on the table were Stir-Fried Pork in Tomato Puree (leftover puree from the pizza night), Stir-fried Prawns with Lime Leaves and Water Cress Soup.

#7
Ah Ma's Signature Dish - Stir-fried Lotus Roots and Snow Peas with Sambal Dried Prawn.
Of course I got the homemade Sambal Dried Prawn Paste from Ah Ma herself! Also added some Fried Fu Chok just because Deardo loves it.
Also on the table were Oven-Baked Dory Fish and Stir-fried Broccoli with Pork and Capsicum.

#8
Cantonese Fried Vit's Noodles (Wat Dan Vit's Mee). Used Vit's Noodles cos it's way easier to prepare than Hor Fun and it turned out to be very delicious! I have decided that Vit's is the perfect noodles to use for Cantonese Fried Noodle! Trust me! You have to try making this dish with Vit's or any instant noodles! Just soften them then fried them with soy sauce and dark soy sauce! Recipe here.

#9
Mushroom Vol-au-vent and Tuna on Water Crackers for house party.
And some other party dishes for my ex-colleagues whom I have missed quite dearly. Vol-au-vent recipe here. As for the mushroom fillings I just cooked some Shiitake and button mushrooms (cut into small pieces) in cream with salt, pepper and bay leaves to taste. Also on the table was the 'party-pleaser', Chick Peas with Chorizo Sausage!

Okay, thank you for watching.
Shall I say, KEEP CALM AND KEEP COOKING! :D

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Your house party food looks simply yummy!!

Yannie said...

Oh man! All your cooking is fantastic and finger licking good. At least it is very well presented. Thumbs up to you.

ShiRLeXia said...

Thanks Hayley and Yannie! :)