Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Awesome Baked Eggs @ Frisky Goat, TTDI

Frisky Goat is definitely one of the popular cafes that are in the cafe trend that is happening not only in KL, but also slowly throughout the nation. It's not even easy to get a table if you are there just a little later on a weekend! And because the cafe isn't too big, especially there is space specifically for their bakery items, it makes it even harder to fit too many people. 

See the people waiting for their tables outside the cafe?
I decided to pay the cafe a visit with Karen and Ducum (very unlikely combination I bet, but it kinda works) on a girls' day out. Because of the crowd we had no choice but to sit at a corner table which normally only fit two persons but we were pleasantly surprised that the service was pretty fast!
Simple interior, simple menu and small variety of pastries and cakes.
Now, here are what we had for brunch...
Salmon Scramble, RM17.90.
The Works Breakfast, RM23.90.
Egg en Cocotte, RM21.50.
The Salmon Scramble and The Works Breakfast were all pretty good and satisfying, although probably not the best ones I have tasted.
To me, the star of the day was the Egg en Cocotte! I know 'rumour' has it that The Red Beanbag has the best baked eggs but really, if you ask me, Frisky Goat has way better one! Well I guess the bias is partially because I love my eggs to be cooked rather than a watery half-cooked one and the Egg en Cocotte here just did that with some really nice spiced sausage (which I suspect are lamb sausages), beef bacon and cherry tomato. The moment Ducum and I had a scoop of the egg, we felt like we were in heaven!!! Yes, seriously, that was our first reaction cos it was sooooooooooo good!!! The handmade toast that comes with the dish was also pretty nice too! Man, I want that baked eggs NOW!!!
Latte, RM9 each.
Orange Juice, RM9.
Tried their latte and while it lacks the nice coffee aroma, the taste was quite decent. Worth a try I must say.
No grumpy faces, only happy faces. Gedit? Gedit?*wink~*
With a 10% service charge, the bill come up to RM109.20, which is considered quite reasonable.
With quite satisfying food and coffee, quick and good service, the cafe is reasonably worth visiting. Only problem is, it's a bit too small to feed the crowd which can make the cafe slightly stuffy (hence the orange juice).
For the Egg en Cocotte's sake, I would love to go back again!!!

*Breakfast is served until 3pm only. 

Frisky Goat Bakery Cafe
No.72, Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi,
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail,
56000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 017-881 0251

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Frisky Goat, I like the name!!

ShiRLeXia said...

Yea! I forgot to mention that the name is Google-friendly too! :p