Friday, August 26, 2011

My Mashed Potato Recipe, etc

Here's a mashed potato recipe taken from my best mate in Perth, Jodi and modified by yours truly. Deardo and I definitely love it and he was very surprised at how easy it was to get this done!

1) Cut potatoes into cubes and boil them in salt water for no less than 15 minutes.2) Drain the water off and start crushing and pressing them with a spatula or whatever useful kitchen tool you have in your kitchen.3) Sprinkle enough salt to taste.
4) To make the mashed potato really creamy, pour in appropriate amount of milk and continue stirring, pressing and crushing until you really see the mashed potato like really fluffy.5) Add in mixed herbs and pepper to give it an extra flavour so that the potato won't taste so plain.
And that's it! We had our mashed potato with the Sha Cha Sauce (yeap, we are so in love with that sauce!) Grilled Chicken and some greens as a side. I just love the texture of the mashed potato! :D

Ohyea! The dressing for our green salad! Also something I learned in Perth. Simply mix some olive oil, vinegar, soya sauce and sesame oil to make a very very yummy salad dressing! Oh yea... Careful with the amount of vinegar if you don't want your dressing to be too sour, just like how ours turned out to be! :p Very simple and erm... Asian salad dressing I guess...

On other occasion, we made another quick and lazy salad at home, which I won't say it's a healthy salad but I would say... Interesting and tempting salad!
I bought some Char Siew from a restaurant near work, lay them all over some lettuce, cherry tomatoes and hard boiled egg. Then sprinkle roasted almond over it. I did tell you it is tempting, didn't I?
Now, the best thing is, I didn't even need to worry about the dressing! I just poured the Char Siew sauce the restaurant gave over the salad to make it a Char Siew Salad! Okay, I agree it doesn't look very appetizing at this point... But taste wise, it was marvelous!
Not very healthy as a salad but well, I guess it's still a good and bloody simple recipe if you are on non-carb diet lor! :)

Going home for Raya. To all of you who are going home for Raya too, have a safe trip and drive safe!!! :D

4 comments:

Hayley said...

Look presentable!

Have a safe journey home!

ShiRLeXia said...

Thanks a lot Hayley~!

LayJinG said...

厨艺一流!I m impressed!

ShiRLeXia said...

只是兴趣~你过奖啦~!:D