Friday, July 22, 2011

Random post on a random Friday

Every time I think or talk about Friday, I'll have Rebecca Black and her stupid song in my mind. So just in case you don't know what I'm talking about, here you go...


I'm constantly worry that you guys will be bored of just film reviews, food reviews and recipes. Hence, here comes a random post...

First off, some pictures of me at work...About half a year ago at an event... The guy at the right, I think he put on weight since he joined us, just like me.
I bloody love that dress I bought from Parkson. Guess what it was only RM50 plus!

The other day Deardo and I went back to Canoodling, hoping for some RM9.90 noodles again... Yeah... That was exactly how we felt...
Still want to fake a smile despite the price hike!
Yeah, they have a new restaurant opened next door and they have a freaking cute menu!
Deardo drew and wrote his two favourite things in his life! *winks~*
And I decided to have a commercial break here.
Because Canoodling has a yellow theme mah... Duh...
Sigh... No more cheap noodles in Bangsar!!! :( Deardo was so disappointed that he wrote about his disappointment on the comment card! Ha!

I had about four lonely days when Deardo was away in Singapore for work. I took the opportunity to work-out like crazy and ate my favourite food that he doesn't fancy like crazy (oh yes!). And yes Secret Recipe disappoints (this blog post sounds so disappointing, isn't it?) me too as I found out they have discontinued the healthy and yummy Japanese Soba from their menu!!! Worst, Ducum suspects it's something to do with the government's recent check on Halal food!!! Aaaarrrrhhhh... SO BLOODY IRRITATING!!!
So I had to try out new food at Jaya Grocer, Empire Subang!
Apparently you can choose the fresh ingredients from the supermarket and leave it to the chefs in the cafes (there is one Italian and one Japanese) to cook for you. Of course as I was alone I just wanted something simple, so I didn't do that lar. I ordered a Grilled Chicken Chop and Mushroom Soba and a Chawanmushi at the Japanese cafe called Hikari as my light dinner.
The way the chef responded to the order with a 'hai' made me believe that although he is a Chinese, he must be a real Japanese cuisine chef. Dinner time babey~!!!
The grilled chicken was really surprisingly good! Tender and flavourful but as usual I don't fancy the Japanese Shoyu soup lar. And the Chawanmushi, though done with simple ingredients, was very well done! Love the texture! I thought the noodles, at RM10 plus was a bit too expensive but hey it's Jaya Grocer! Get use to it! Ohyea, they offer free self-service green tea! Made me feel like I'm back to Taka Restaurant in Perth!!! :D

And then my man is home, finally! Since he is always cautious about me not liking things that he buys for me, especially anything to do with fashion, I've never expected anything from him but he came back with bunch of gifts for me!!! :D
Okay, I was forced to drink that D.O.M because I'm always sick. No, no, should put it another way. I was forced to drink that D.O.M because Deardo Wong sayang me a lot, it crushes him seeing me cough like crazy lately. *aiyer so bloody yok ma~~~*
And I'm using the white colour Esprit handbag he bought for me although if I were there, I wouldn't buy it lar. Well it looks quite cool and I appreciate it that he tried to pamper me with stuff! Blek~! :p And the YSL perfume! Smells sooooooo freaking good I love it so much~~~!!!Of course, the Smarties with a Cinderella on top was a special request from me. Saw it at the airport during my trip to KK but didn't buy! Cute right?
A souvenir he brought for me after having Yoshinoya in Singapore! Ish ish!!!
I just don't understand why Yoshinoya has to close in Malaysia and why Malaysia has got no MOS Burger!!! :(

And then I found out that the clothes that my mum and her siblings were wearing about 20 over years ago are so hip now!Look at those handbags, dresses and skirts!!! Tell me you see them all in the boutiques now! And yeah, the tiny girl who was posing like a model is me!

And some other old pictures taken probably three years ago...
BE PREPARED...OMG I cannot believe that was me! *hide face with pillow~~~*
Well that was my first stage play and I wasn't even in school. it was really just three years ago!!! Judging from the look on my face, I assume I was enjoying the attention a lot! :p
Hahaha... Still cannot believe I did such thing at such an old age! But ah well, it's good for a good laugh now. Agree?

Till then, have a good weekend guys! I'm sure I'll have a good one too! :D

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I rather listen to Katy Perry's Last Friday Night ^^

Have a fabulous weekend!

ShiRLeXia said...

Hahaha... I actually learned about Rebecca Black from Last Friday Night's MV!

You too! :)