Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bon Appetit~

*Do check out some nice clothes ON SALE HERE!

Here's a little recipe I tried out myself yesterday for lunch. I actually have a can of tomato puree but I don't feel like having pasta. So I decided to make full use of my creativity... I would say this is a wonderful dish for tomato lovers!
Let's name it Healthy Tomato Rice with Fish!

What you need...
A can of tomato puree, Dory fish fillet cut into pieces and marinated with pepper and salt, chopped half an onion, one chopped tomato, sweet corn, chopped cabbage, chopped English parsley, and of course cooked rice. I suggest two cups of rice for a can of puree. (I was going to put mushrooms in but I totally forgot about the mushrooms until when I'm done cooking...)

What to do...

1) Simmer some olive oil in a frying pan until they are brownish. 2) Add in the tomato. Try to squeeze them to soften them a bit and get some of the fresh tomato juice. 3) Add in the tomato puree, corn and cabbage. Stir well.4) Add in some water. Stir well. 5) Until the vegetables are about to cook, add in the fish!6) Until the fish are cooked, add in the English parsley and stir them a bit. Then switch off the fire.7) Now scoop the rice in the rice cooker to loosen the rice a bit.8) Then pour the tomato gravy onto the rice and stir them all up. And you are all done~!
I then added a little black pepper to serve. If you like, add a sunny side up to go with it! I personally love the dish although, I must say, this is not a dish for those who aren't a fan of tomato. I'm pretty satisfied with this new try! :DCannot decide which one looks better, so I posted both pictures...
You can choose your own ingredients without following mine! Mine was more to creating the different colours. So you can see very nice blend of yellow, green and red in the dish! I put in English parsley because it will give a very nice scent to the gravy while I prefer fish than other meat since it's always a healthier choice! Low in fat too! :pSorry... Mine is a sunny side up tak jadi... I always prefer my egg york to be cooked and smashed. :p

After lunch I watch...
No Reservations
It's actually a 2007 movie! I watched the DVD yesterday after lunch, since I have whole load of time! The movie is about a lady chef, Kate(Catherine Zeta-Jones), who is very strict in her work and even daily life that made her boss forced her to get therapy. Life changed when she has to take care of her niece(Abigail Breslin) and fell in love with a guy(Aaron Eckhart)...
Well I must say the storyline isn't very special, yet the whole flow of the movie is kinda attractive. No boring scenes at all!
And I think Catherine Zeta-Jones did a good job! She is always that elegant in anywhere you see her, yet she can play such a strong character so well. Love her~! And Abigail! Lovely as always! Nop, not a fan of Aaron Eckhart though, but I do enjoyed his character in the movie. It's quite a fun character to watch! Oh and I love the music too!
Watching the movie also made me feel so good looking at the food and the way they prepare the food! You know when I saw them cook in their own kitchen, eat, play games, drink coffee, eat dessert at home... It just made me wanting my own kitchen in my own house so badly!!! Cook, eat, play games, drink coffee, eat dessert with my loved one... Ah... Tell me when is that coming true???

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Wah, you're really a good cook! Very creative also la! thumbs up!

ShiRLeXia said...

Haha... You didn't even taste it you said thumbs up already!
Thanks anywayz! :D

Anonymous said...

VERRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

ShiRLeXia said...

Why does it has to be Anonymous???

LayJinG said...

agree with ur fren, u really creative! Haha~ and I never know got this movie! Thanks for sharing!

ShiRLeXia said...

Thanks Lay Jing!
Well it's an old movie now... I just got the DVD from my roommate.